Diving off the coast of England?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingMonkey

Reaction score
I'm going abroad for a semester next fall and would love to take advantage of the opportunity to do at least a little Eurpoean diving. I'm hoping to get away to other countries, but I'm curious if there is anything worth doing *and worth dragging all my stuff over there*
I'm pretty sure I'll be choosing a school close to London, but I'm also looking at Lancaster U, which is up closer to Ireland...

Anyway if you know of anything please let me know! Thanks!

DivingMonkey:
I'm going abroad for a semester next fall and would love to take advantage of the opportunity to do at least a little Eurpoean diving. I'm hoping to get away to other countries, but I'm curious if there is anything worth doing *and worth dragging all my stuff over there*
I'm pretty sure I'll be choosing a school close to London, but I'm also looking at Lancaster U, which is up closer to Ireland...

Go to the Yorkshire divers board they will steer you in the right direction and you will probably get some dive buddy's.
Also check out Irish wrecks on line. links below.

http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/
http://www.irishwrecksonline.net/subindex.htm

Hi,

Suggest you fly into Shannon (Ireland) on the way to England.
If you travel north or south of Shannon region you will find the best diving this country has to offer. Dive centres abound on the west/s. west coast.
After that. head east to England. Ferries/plane, your choice. Most efficient way of getting good diving in. You won't find better visibility in England.

My o2

Cheers,

Seadeuce :coke:

DivingMonkey:

Some good diving off Wales and down south but Lanc is North UK, Scotland is also close and has great diving there too depending on where you are in the scheme of things Scapa flow is very north Scotland, loads of great diving in the UK.
Travel is not as cheap there as here in the USA, join a good club have a blast make some pals and you will be suprised.

hi there
brighton pier, i have heard is worth a look,down on the south coast
i have yet to dive it myself

If you go up scotland way take a look at Deep Blue Scuba, based in Edinburgh.

rubbachicken:
hi there
brighton pier, i have heard is worth a look,down on the south coast
i have yet to dive it myself

I heard they did something different under Brighton pier :wink:

munkispank:

LMAO :D

munkispank:

well as you brought this to our attention, is there something you'd like to own up to :wink:

anyhow, as long as what ever happens there doesn't happen underwater, when i want to go diving there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom