Diving off the coast of England?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingMonkey:
...., but I'm curious if there is anything worth doing *and worth dragging all my stuff over there*......!

Yes. Just some of the best diving anywhere in the world, that's all. Expect the Brits to be obsessed with wrecks though...

Water can be cold so a drysuit is handy. Otherwise summer and fall only.

You need to learn about meters and forget about feet too!!

Enjoy.

Chris

..and forget PSI and learn the far more sensible Bar.

I dive the UK in a drysuit all year round and would never once consider a wetsuit for it - at best it gets to 15-16c in some areas and the air temp is often lower than that combined with wind and rain.

As for UK diving, its got a lot to offer and varied, yes there are lots of wrecks as a result of poor weather and hundreds of years of wars but there are scenic dives too. Lancaster is definately up north though and the YD link pasted above probably the best bet, scotland has some good diving and is relatively near. Far nearer than ireland!

I doubt you'll have too much of a problem finding dives but the first few should really be under supervision if you havent trained in cold water, low vis and currents.

Hi..
I´m from Cornwall (south west england) its pretty far away from where you are wanting to go, but if you like wrecks there are lots of them there. You can also do a lot of shore dives.I would reccomend going with Cornish Divers in Falmouth ask for steve..And you will need a Dry suit!!!

Some great wrecks off Portland South Coast. But I agree with String, diving in the UK is very different to warm waters do some dives with someone who is experienced with UK diving. Viz can drop to lessthan 1 meter, 4 or more you consider yourself lucky.

You should be OK with 7mm Semi Dry suits but a dry suit is much preferred.

Enjoy the UK.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom