Diving near Kuala Lumpur

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunadin

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I have business trip to Kuala Lumpur coming up and was wondering if there is a dive site / op nearby. Not enough time to take a day off, but if there is something that I can do for an afternoon, I'd try to free up some time. Anybody has any experience with Kuala Lumpur?

Thanks!

I really don't think so. At least not to anything decent. There are good inexpensive weekend trips KL but that does not seem to match with your plans.

There is no diving in Kuala Lumpur, unless you want to dive in the Aquarium at the Kuala Lumpur City Centre Shoping Centre! They have a package to do a dive with sharks in the Aquarium, but you might need to book in advance. Besides that, like what Zippsy said, you need to travel out of KL, about a 3 to 4 hour drive to the nearest island or you can fly to one of the islands, it takes about an hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom