Diving Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickM

Reaction score
I am going to Cancun, Mexico in March. I would like to know of the dive centres who offer a great service, and those to avoid! :eek:
Thanks in advance :)

If you want to dive go to Cozumel instead. Cancun is fun and there are lots of things to see on the mainland but diving is is Coz.

RickM once bubbled...
I am going to Cancun, Mexico in March. I would like to know of the dive centres who offer a great service, and those to avoid! :eek:
Thanks in advance :)

You don't mention where you are staying in Cancun or for how long. When my g/f and I went to Cancun on the way home from Cuba, we stayed at Le Meridien and set up a couple of dive trips from there, 1 to Cozumel and one to the Cenotes. While I can't remember the dive operation offhand, both were wll managed trips and outstanding by Mexico standards. I cannot recall the dive operation name offhand, but if you are near Le Meridien, they have an office next to the gift shop.

AquaWorld has shops all around Cancun, and I believe they have one next to the gift shop Le Meridien.

Here's a little sidebar I did on AquaWorld for Undercurrent http://www.undercurrent.org/ a while back. It was one of their trips over to Coz from Cancun:

"Having a Bad Day, Aquaworld?

Aquaworld boat in Cozumel dropped off a group of cruise ship divers to explore the sunken plane in front of the Le Ceiba Hotel,
and then returned to their dock about 200 yards away. The dive group surfaced to find the current moving them toward the cruise ship pier, and no boat in sight. They were pulled into the La Ceiba pier by a pair of nearby DMs, who called AquaWorld to inform them.

That same afternoon, a dive boat from another shop heading to the Palancar area came across two divers floating on the surface, at least a quarter of a mile from the next nearest craft. These AquaWorld customers were picked up and returned to their boat, which apparently had been searching for them some distance away."

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Rick, I don't know if you know this or not, but Cancun in March is spring break time. This is the time when US college students get a week off. Cancun is the craziest spring break party destination - it may not be worth it to dive... I will be there at the end of march and am still trying to decide if it is worth it to bring my equipment.

I am staying at the gran caribe real

That is why I decided to go to Cozumel instead of Cancun. I will be there the beginning of April, and I figured Cozumel will be busy, but not like Cancun. I really couln't re-schedule my vacation to a non-spring break time, so we will see. I guess I would rather be there during the craziest time of year than at home mowing my lawn.

sharkman
:guitar:

DocVikingo once bubbled...
AquaWorld has shops all around Cancun, and I believe they have one next to the gift shop Le Meridien.

Here's a little sidebar I did on AquaWorld for Undercurrent http://www.undercurrent.org/ a while back. It was one of their trips over to Coz from Cancun:

"Having a Bad Day, Aquaworld?

Aquaworld boat in Cozumel dropped off a group of cruise ship divers to explore the sunken plane in front of the Le Ceiba Hotel,
and then returned to their dock about 200 yards away. The dive group surfaced to find the current moving them toward the cruise ship pier, and no boat in sight. They were pulled into the La Ceiba pier by a pair of nearby DMs, who called AquaWorld to inform them.

That same afternoon, a dive boat from another shop heading to the Palancar area came across two divers floating on the surface, at least a quarter of a mile from the next nearest craft. These AquaWorld customers were picked up and returned to their boat, which apparently had been searching for them some distance away."

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Since I've only been once, I'll defer to experience. I must confess that after the Cozumel dive (Santa Rosa) we did find our divemaster kicking back with a quart of beer downtown! lol

Dive well..

Best regards.

DocVikingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom