Diving Medicine Research Questionnaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteveJohnson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Cross Sectional Study of Divers

With the kind permission of the site owners/administrators I'd like to draw your attention to a research project I'm carrying out.

It is a simple Questionnaire based study looking at the health, training and dive practices of modern day divers. As the research is entirely anonymous and confidential, I'm hoping to gather data on the true health of divers rather that what they declare to their buddies or dive clubs!

The secondary aim is to compare the health, training and dive practices of rebreather divers compared with open circuit scuba divers to try to shed a little more light on the high number of fatalities in rebreather divers.

To ensure freedom from bias I will be randomly selecting divers from the site and contacting them by private message asking them to take part.

If you do get a pm, please take part, it only takes 5 minutes to download the form, complete the questions and email it back to me.

The project has been scrutinised by a Research Ethics Committee in the UK. All data will be held in an anonymous and secure form and no data will be released to any third party.

Thanks for your support.

Best Wishes,

Steve

N.B. Please can you download the form and open with Microsoft Word. Simply enter your age at the first box then tab through the form answering the questions. Save it then email to me as an attachment. If you don't have Word, please let me know on the email which program you used instead.View attachment 54217

Attachments

• DivingResearchMedical1.doc
    76 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:
Cross Sectional Study of Divers

With the kind permission of the site owners/administrators I'd like to draw your attention to a research project I'm carrying out.
Confirmed.

How did you return the completed form? I can't see to send attachments on PM's and I don't know Dr Steve's email address?

Done & sent.

How did you send?

emailed.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom