diving lawyers ... advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WJL:
The problem with the Dacor regs is that Dacor company may no longer exist, or if it exists, may have no assets. So who are you going to sue?

Simple, you sue the company that now owns the product. When the company that now owns Dacor acquired it, they acquired their assets and liabilities.

WJL:
And what will you get if you win? ?

It depends how deep their pockets are.

One thing to remember, the UCC (uniform commercial code) only demands that a product conform to only two warranties; Warranty for merchantability, and warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, meaning it can be sold, and it's supposed to work. Nothing else. Anything else you get it's just icing on the cake, although contractually, the company is bound by the terms of their written warranty.

Just my .02 psi

scubapro50:
I'm just wondering if this new "Trade-in" program from Mares/dacor is one way of trying to quite things down before someone files a class action lawsuit against them.

Funny how the trade in program is valid only in the USA. I guess Mares thinks that the rest of the world will not sue them. Or for the few that do it is worth the legal battle. Controlled risk and the like.

I wonder if anyone has availed of the trade in option and if they were required to sign anything? or if they need to at all since they don't have the dacor reg anymore anyway. Or maybe Im just babbling.

i sent in 2 dacor 360s' for 2 Mares Abyss models ...... didn't have to sign a wavier or anything ..... just fill in name and address and which dacor regulator you were trading in for what new model ..... plus don't forget to send the check for the cost of the exchange ...... don't know how long it will take to get new regulators back ...... will keep you posted on the progress ......

It took about 2 weeks to get the regulators back. I got them wet this past weekend and they breath great !!! It was a good deceision to go with the "trade in" program and I would like to thank Debra at Surface Interval Scuba for making it fast and easy to exchange them .....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom