Diving Lately

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone been diving at the 'ole mudhole in a while? I know it's getting cold but I remember some of our most memorable dives were in the cold water of the mudhole...Lanier!

J:

I haven't been in the ol' mud hole since my PADI IE in 07, but I need to get my gills wet. Any news on a group heading out to get some BT in the lake?

I went diving with 3 other people on Nov 15th from Mask Cove (West Bank Park). Water temp was fine with a 7 mm wetsuit, someone had a 5 mm and was freezing. The thermocline is at around 65 ft and vis at and below the thermocline is non-existent. Vis above the thermocline ranges from 8-12 ft. Not much to see, but at least one can still dive in November.

I have been covered up with work and hockey but I'm gonna try to get wet in a few weeks if anyone is interested.

Tony and I got in a dive Saturday 11/27/09 at about 2:45pm air temp was 51 degrees surface temp. was 61 degrees and at 37' it was 58 degrees viz. was ok 10' maybe 15'
our dive time was 44 min. I called the dive as I was getting chilled I was in a 5mil wet suite and hood my gloves are only 2mil but over all a good dive

Hi Joe8mofo,
Do a report on Lake Jocassee Nov. 28.
Thanks
skierch

On Saturday we went to Lake Jocassee to get in some deep water diving, and the conditions in the lake were great for it. I first would like to report that the Dive park that is accessible from Devil's Fork park is closed until around January 16th due to trout stocking. As the Dive Park is closed, we found access from the walk-in camp sites. Maximum depth was 95 feet and the water temperature was 61 F at depth. Visibility was around 20 feet at 90' depth, and 20-30 feet at 50' depth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom