Diving Lake Pleasant by Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rudebob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know of some good places to dive that can only be accessed by boat? All my dives have been from shore in the Desert Tortoise area. I have thought about taking my boat out but realized that I have never paid much attention to the best dive locations as I am usually looking for the best water for wakeboarding.

Anyway, I am a newbie diver and would like to find an area with decent open water protection that would provide good water clarity, some rock or ledge formations in the 50' max depth range. Most importantly would be to find an area protected from boat traffic. I have a large float but have come to realize in the few dives I have made that they often attract boaters thinking they may have stumbled on to a free innertube when they are visible from the main waterways.

Thanks,

‘Bob

El Mar runs a pontoon boat out on the lake. Call them to find out when the boat is going out, then follow it around. The guys who run the boat know some good sites.

AzAtty:
El Mar runs a pontoon boat out on the lake. Call them to find out when the boat is going out, then follow it around. The guys who run the boat know some good sites.

Yeah. I know that Diver Down boat is out there each weekend. I would feel a little cheesy following it around, however. I think it is about $60.00 for a 2 tank dive so maybe I'll just pay for a ride and get a little education in the process for future reference.

'Bob

Hey Bob, I was told that the water level should be low enough some time in Aug to dive the old dam. I think you need a boat to dive it . I haven't dove it yet, but I am planning on it this year. I too have a boat .

DESERT EEL:
Has anyone dove the old store? Is it even accessible

They usually tear old buildings down before flooding them. All you're likely to see would be a foundation, but you'd have to dig under a few feet of silt to get to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom