Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be out this Saturday diving Vista Point. If anyone else is interested just let us know. Not sure what time yet but probably around 8:30-ish. I'll post something here closer to then as to the exact time and location, but it will be over at Vista Point somewhere.

As for the question above, it is still definately 7mm and hood water. Temps are still in the mid to low 50s at just about every depth. There isn't a thermocline that I know of or at least any that any other divers have mentioned. Out of the water, you definately need to warm up somehow before the 2nd dive. Your body will lose heat on the 1st dive and then on the 2nd you will lose even more and at a faster rate than the first dive unless you warm up as much as possible between dives. ie bring a jacket, a towel and dry off somewhat, some hot chocolate, get in your car and warm up if your diving from shore near your car, etc.

See you Saturday if anyone else can make it.

- Josh

I'm up for Vista Point on Saturday.

Great Steve. See your there. Bill will be there too. Let's plan to meet between 8 and 8:30.

VP on Saturday morning between 8:00 and 8:30 it is!
See you both there. I'll be looking for my weight pouch.

Dove Vista Point this morning/afternoon with Steve and Josh. Water was exceptionally clear. Possibly the best we have ever experienced at the lake. First dive was along the wall just west of the boat ramp and then down the ramp itself to about 95'. Even at that depth, no lights were necessary.

I'm thinking it might be time for some night diving in another few weeks.

Thanks to Steve and Josh for a great day of diving.

Regards, Bill

Dove Vista Point this morning/afternoon with Steve and Josh. Water was exceptionally clear. Possibly the best we have ever experienced at the lake. First dive was along the wall just west of the boat ramp and then down the ramp itself to about 95'. Even at that depth, no lights were necessary.

I'm thinking it might be time for some night diving in another few weeks.

Thanks to Steve and Josh for a great day of diving.

Regards, Bill

:wavey: I dove DT this morning, with scubajcf. Check out the below thread for conditions!

Then went for a ride with my dad on the M/V Slug. It was a bit windy, but fun!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/so...ecent-lake-pleasant-conditions-reports-4.html

We all thought that was you. My compliments to your dad. That is an extremely nice boat.

Take care, Beth and Bill

and she didn't even say 'Hi' to me and Steve. What's up with that? Where's the love?

and she didn't even say 'Hi' to me and Steve. What's up with that? Where's the love?

We were trying to stay well beyond 100' of your marker. And I couldn't find the 'good' binoculars, so I could barely see everyone. I knew it was atleast Bill cuz he didn't have his hood on, and his height. I will never not say 'hi' again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom