Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might be diving this Saturday the 19th but I am also looking at diving Saturday Jan 2nd, 2010. I posted a new thread for that. I am not sure if I'll do both Saturdays or not.

The last post mentioned that the Scubateers were diving this Saturday the 19th, but their calendar on their website doesn't show it. Just wondering if anyone knows if they are, or they are not diving this Saturday the 19th and if there were any specials they were doing this Saturday. I don't see anything on their calendar.

- Josh

Here is a copy of the email I recieved.

Hello Divers,

The Holiday's are upon us and The Scubateers are doing it again. Escape the shopping and join us this Saturday December 19th or Sunday December 20th for a fun filled day of diving.

Jump on board for a one tank dive (BYOT) for $19.00 or a two tank dive (BYOT) for $38.00.

We will meet at the Scorpion Bay Yellow Guard Gate at 9:30AM.

To reserve your seat, please e-mail Scubateer1@yahoo.com or call us at (602) 710-6082 or (602) 503-3159.

It was windy, but still another great day of diving with the Scubateers. Tech island is just about submerged now but the visibility was about 20' - 30' sill even while at a depth of 90' down. Loved those large caverns and 'caves'. Felt like I was prospecting in a mine for gold or something. The first dive of the day was the 1702 wall but that was equally windy and down at 115' deep the vis dropped to Zero. If it wasn't for me shining my light directly on the visual inspection sticker on Steve's black tank about 1 foot in front of me then I wouldn't even had known he was there. It wasn't until we got back up to above 80' or so when the vis started to become 15' - 20'. Water temps for the day were in the mid 50s I think I saw my guage at 54 degrees at one point. There was no thermocline. The water is cold from top to bottom.

Have to tip our hats to Aaron with the Scubateers for some great boatmanship with that wind today. It felt like diving in the ocean rather than just Lake Pleasant. :cool2:

I look forward to the next time. I never get tired of diving Tech Island. There's nothing like that anywhere from any spot of shore diving at the entire lake. At least not that I have heard of. Maybe the day after New Years on Saturday the 2nd. If anyone else wants to go, I think the Scubateers were going to plan something then.

By the way, I still dive the 7mm and was pretty cold, but I am a diehard dive fanatic. If you have drysuits, or even the curiosity in getting one, do it and bring it. We were talking about that on the boat today how diving Lake Pleasant in the winter is really the best time to dive. Little or no boat traffic, the visibility gets much better, but the only downside is the cold. That last issue and really the only concern can be taken care of wih the purchase of a drysuit. I'll be in the market soon. :D

- Josh

Saturday was a perfect dive day. Sure it was a bit windy. The pirate flag on Scubateer3 was standing straight out and beating itself into tatters in the, um, "breeze". The constantly shifting wind direction made for some thrilling moments in Lake Pleasant boatsmanship. But nothing broke so it's all good.

And there was a nip in the air. But hey, I could still feel my fingers as long as I kept my hands stuffed in my coat pockets between dives. This was the second time in memory that I didn't remove my wetsuit until I got off the boat and into some shelter.

So the waves rocked the boat a bit. Big deal. It's not like anybody was actually thrown overboard. We all had a pretty good grip on the rails.

Even with the wind and waves and the cold, I wouldn't want to spend it any other way than diving with good friends and new aquaintances on the best dive boat this side of the Pacific.

As far as I'm concerned it was a perfect dive day.

So why aren't you diving your drysuit? its why you have it right?

I sent it in for alterations and to have new seals put on. It'll be back in a few weeks.

I'm diving at Beismeyer Point tomorrow. Anybody want to join me? I plan to be there around 9:30.

We dove the dam yesterday (lake is at 1665) and we found a walkway with an open door about 174ffw. Anyone know anything about this? We were on air with limited bottom time so we did not venture in but are planning a trimix dive to explore it in the near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom