Diving Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eggplant

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Don't know if I'm in the right forum... I'm going to Key Largo in late November. Anyone recomend a reputable dive shop?

I heard Silent World has both 12pack boats dead. One with bad engine, the other one sunk. So, with that said....
If you are into Tech Diving, i'd go Horizon or Slates (Slate will do just about anything you want with prior notice) or if into recreational comfortable diving... I'd go Amoray Dive Center, good fast comfortable boats. Easy diving.

There is a Florida based forum below....

That said, I've used BlueWater Divers in Key Largo (at mm100) New owners since I've used them, but have heard nothing but good things about them.

I also have used Conch Republic Divers which is a few miles west in Tavernier, and have had no problems with them either!

Good luck!

I've used both Ocean Divers and Horizon, had excellent experiences with both.

You cannot go wrong with the following, Bluewater Divers(SB member), HMS Minnow,Ocean Divers and if you want to go a little south Conch Republic Divers(they dive Key Largo and the wrecks )

Based on recommendations here I went with Conch Republic Divers this last March. I took a nitrox class with them as well. I would say they easily meet the "reputable" requirement and I would dive with them again.

I heard Silent World has both 12pack boats dead. One with bad engine, the other one sunk. So, with that said....
If you are into Tech Diving, i'd go Horizon or Slates (Slate will do just about anything you want with prior notice) or if into recreational comfortable diving... I'd go Amoray Dive Center, good fast comfortable boats. Easy diving.

Might be a good idea to disregard this post. We are fully functional and operational.

Also, were a GUE facility, IANTD platinum facility and a TDI five star center. Were more tech than anyone else in the keys. Slates is not a tech center :wink:

Thanks for the update Chris. I was like "WTF, when did THAT happen"?

Chris and SW are a GREAT shop. We enjoyed diving with them earlier this year.

Might be a good idea to disregard this post. We are fully functional and operational.

Also, were a GUE facility, IANTD platinum facility and a TDI five star center. Were more tech than anyone else in the keys. Slates is not a tech center :wink:

Beat me to it Chris!!! See you in a week. :banana: :D

Thanks for the update Chris. I was like "WTF, when did THAT happen"?

Chris and SW are a GREAT shop. We enjoyed diving with them earlier this year.

I second that and have already done over a dozen dives with Chris and his crew this year. Heading down next Friday for my own 8 day WRECK WEEK!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom