Diving Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard Silent World has both 12pack boats dead. One with bad engine, the other one sunk. So, with that said....
If you are into Tech Diving, i'd go Horizon or Slates (Slate will do just about anything you want with prior notice) or if into recreational comfortable diving... I'd go Amoray Dive Center, good fast comfortable boats. Easy diving.

I think that rumor is False:shakehead: Silent World is up and Running full speed ahead. One of my friends was just on there boats, and had a great time:D

Sorry, it came from their current Captain and a recent Instructor who just left.

-might have been outdated info, I was told it was current this week. But you know how people sometimes embellish.

Might be a good idea to disregard this post. We are fully functional and operational.

Also, were a GUE facility, IANTD platinum facility and a TDI five star center. Were more tech than anyone else in the keys. Slates is not a tech center :wink:

Yeah I am hopefully (depends on the weather) diving with SW Monday PM and Tuesday.

Chris, thoughts on the weather/dive conditions?

Sorry, it came from their current Captain and a recent Instructor who just left.

-might have been outdated info, I was told it was current this week. But you know how people sometimes embellish.

Where ever the information came from it is not correct. We do have one Island Hopper out of service at this time. One was out for one day for a coast guard inspection that all commercial boats have to get done each year.

In addition to the two island hoppers we also have a six pack vessel. We have boats out on this water as I write this enjoying a wonderful day in the waters of Key Largo.

As an additional note of clarification we have multiple captains here, not just one.

If you want to stay current on the days to day at Silent World and are on facebook consider joining our fan page which includes daily updates on dives and the local happenings of Key Largo.

Silent World Dive Center | Facebook

I would not go with Horizon Divers again, at least during that time of the year. I was ready to go out to the Spiegel Grove last week, and ther were three divers including myself, which is the minimum limit. The weather was rough, but doable according to the other dive boat operators in the area. It was pretty clear to me that the "Captain" wasn't too enthusiastic about working that day. I believe that he probably didn't think that the tips would be worth it. Customer satisfaction didn't seem to be high on their list in my opinion. The remainder of my dives in the area were with Conch Republic Divers who are "rebreather friendly" by the way. They were equipped with the boosters, gas, personel, and analyzers to tech fill high pressure tanks. A lot of dive operators seem to get a little freaked when you tell them you have a rebreather.

I've heard good things about Silent World as well, but they need to invest in a booster for their O2 fills!

So the captain that told me one boat sank, and the other boat had an engine sucking salt water... he was wrong about both of those things?

Or he was right about both of those things... but the issue has been resolved?

So the captain that told me one boat sank, and the other boat had an engine sucking salt water... he was wrong about both of those things?

Or he was right about both of those things... but the issue has been resolved?

Peter,

The exact nature of what repairs where conducted on what boats and why are not something worth having a drawn out conversation about. We have more then enough boats to service our customer base.

If you have specific questions about the boats please feel free to give us a ring at the shop.

We have more then enough boats to service our customer base.

Now that, I do believe. :wink:

We have always done our dives with Rainbow Reef divers....we did our advanced with them several years ago and have been really pleased. Nice folks... right by hotels at marina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom