Diving Kauai and what you should know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for posting this info, I'll be headed to Kauai in Feb 2017 and this gives me some dive shop names to research
There are several really professional and top notch operators here and I think you will be very impressed. While I work for Fathom Five I am happy to suggest other operators and give you my suggestions for DM's to request as we are a small dive community and I have friends working with many of them. I am happy to help no matter who you end up diving with. If I can help you with suggestions outside of diving I am happy to do so as well.

Have a great weekend and keep in touch if I can help with your time in Hawaii
A

My wife and I recently (May '16) dove with Nick of Explore Kauai Scuba... great dives, exceptional service, just an overall excellent experience. Koloa Landing is a very good site, a lot of sea life turtles, eels, frogfish, scorpionfish, lots of tropical fish. If you are heading to Kauai give Nick a call/email. You won't be disappointed.

My wife and I recently (May '16) dove with Nick of Explore Kauai Scuba... great dives, exceptional service, just an overall excellent experience. Koloa Landing is a very good site, a lot of sea life turtles, eels, frogfish, scorpionfish, lots of tropical fish. If you are heading to Kauai give Nick a call/email. You won't be disappointed.

I have to give a nod to this review. Nick is a fantastic and very professional divemaster/instructor that I've known for a long time. I wouldn't so much as blink in hesitation to tell anyone "Go dive with Nick and Explore Kauai Scuba." Every once in a while you get to dive with someone who has a clear passion and love for what they do that stands out among the rest. It's not an easy job and it carries a lot of responsibility. When you find someone who loves sharing the ocean with others on a daily basis - YEAR ROUND.... you'd be doing yourself a favor to dive with them. So Glad you had a great time diving on Kauai and I hope you return.
A

Just wanted to thank Aquamankauai. We went diving with Nick from Explorer Kauai Scuba. My husband and I have just under 300 dives. We both agreed Nick was one of the best dive masters we have ever gone diving with. His passion for the life down under is obvious. He pointed the many critters of Koloa Landing and during the surface time he educated us concerning some history and geology of Kauai and so much concerning the life in the water. Koloa Landing was a blast. We saw many turtles, one huge one that Nick estimated to be 80-100 yrs old. We saw a snake eel, dragon eel, all assortment of eels. A school of bait fish being pursued by a Kawa Kawa ( tuna) and a Grey snapper. So many other critters I can't remember the name of. When we are back on Kauai we will definitely dive with Nick again. One thing to be noted, book directly with him not through the concierge at your resort. HE was great!

While vacationing in Hawaii June 2012, I had three days diving booked with Fathom Five Divers on Kauai.
June 14 dove Ice Box, Sheraton Caverns, and Three Fingers.
June 16 & 18 were both weather cancelled early AM due to wind. I continued to FF where I rented two tanks each morning, then did two 60 minute solo's each morning at Koloa Landing. Had a blast taking pictures at a depth of 15' to 30'. This is an excellent place to spend a lot of time underwater taking pictures if you're a photo person.

I have moved from OC to CCR, been diving Prism 2 since 2013. Will be returning to Kauai summer 2018, and plan to dive Koloa Landing again if I can find 3L HP steels for Dil & O2, plus a 30-40 cf for bailout to rent (plus sorb to purchase). Hopefully conditions will be decent while I'm on Kauai so I can enjoy at least one offshore CCR dive. Current cert is Normoxic CCR.

Many mahalos for the kind words skeptic14 & greta-inbaja. Also, mahalo to AquamanKauai for the kind words and recommending me. I LOVE our Hawaiian ocean and LOVE sharing it with others. AquamanKauai is also worth diving with if any of you get the chance to. I have learned a lot from him over the years and is a TOP notch dive instructor/guide.

As AquamanKauai stated, there are several really professional dive operations here. "Explore Kauai Scuba" was started to offer dive sites that aren't normally dove due to distance. We are the only dive operation out of our harbor location, therefor closer to these locations. Offering daily trips to "Mana Crack" have been crazy popular due to the terrain and wildlife, also throw some Na Pali Coast in there, beautiful!

If diving south side or Niihau with Fathom Five, I'd highly recommend requesting to dive w/ "Anthony"! You can't go wrong!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom