Diving injury in Malibu CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Papa_Bear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Fox news 11:13 am Coast Guard picks up diver with helicopter! NOW, unknown condition!

Up date: Cut on leg by prop. Fishing Boat Trident picked him up for transfer. involvement not known. Point Dume location. 60 year old diver. Oops was in a hurry:wink:

Just saw this report on the news here in LA. It appears the diver was alert and communicating when transferred to the helicopter. The speculation on the news was that he entered the water and his leg was cut by the spinning prop. Hmmm... not a very careful operation it seems. By the way Papa_bear, it is Point Dume... Point Dome refers to one of my bald-headed dive buddies!

I hope he is ok...

Does anyone know if it was a charter or private boat?

The 4:00 local news said it was a fishing boat? And that it happened "As soon as he went in" and implied the boat backed over him?!!! So do you think we should start the roomer-mill? Or see it blossom on its own?:popcorn::wink::eyebrow:

This diver is a friend of mine, Im in Oregon and nothing is on the news here. Have they said anything else on the news in CA

I saw the blurb (probably the same one Dr. Bill saw) as they were preparing to load him up from the deck of the boat. I hope all is well; the information was very incomplete. I haven't seen anything new since then.

Thanks, If anyone sees something I would like to hear what was said.
I talked to UCLA hes there but ofcourse not being family they wont say a word.
He has been diving his whole life and this is the first injury.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom