diving in WA.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Ernst

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
i will be visiting my brother and sister in silverdale wa november 18-21-05 and am hoping to find some great diving while i am up there, i use a 7mm wetsuit, hope that is warm enough and i am hoping to find someone to show me around the dive sites and all up there, and any help , info , or suggestions would be really appreciated. thanks in advance for any of the three!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband did his open water dives in a 7 mil wetsuit with a 5 mil shortie over it and was warm enough, so you might want to rent some additional exposure protection. (I'm a believer in dry suits, myself!) This is particularly true as the air temperature may fall significantly by late November.

I'd volunteer to meet you for some dives, but I'm doing the DIR-F course that weekend.

Sound Dive Center in Bremerton would be a good place to start.

http://www.sounddive.com/

Also, the used to be a charter out of Bainbridge, Spirit Diver

Tel. (206) 842-1980

But, I see his website is no longer up. Not sure he is still running.

Good luck, have fun!

Jim, post again when it is closer to the date you will be here as a reminder. Lots of people don't/can't plan that far in advance, including me.

BTW really cool shot of the bird underwater in your profile. Yes, I do know what kind of bird it is, I just can't spell it.

diveborg:
Jim, post again when it is closer to the date you will be here as a reminder. Lots of people don't/can't plan that far in advance, including me.

BTW really cool shot of the bird underwater in your profile. Yes, I do know what kind of bird it is, I just can't spell it.
thank you for the suggestion and the complement on the bird (cormerant) see i cant spell it either unless that is correct witch i doubt, and yes i will post a reminder closer to the date , thank you again, jim

I was going to suggest that you check out Don Coleman's operation, Pacific Adventure.

Then I checked out the Sound Dive Center link provided by PacNWdiver, and found that they have arranged a charter with Don on November 19th, so you're in luck.

I've been out with them three times, and did my AOW with them as well. They're terrific people, and the Hood Canal visibility can be outstanding in November.

I've got a drysuit now, but all of my dives with pacadventure were in my 7ml, between November and April. You'll be fine... they keep a big pot of hot soup going all the time, and the cabin is nice and toasty during surface intervals.

Check 'em out: http://www.pacadventure.com/

Steve

Steve Egner:
I was going to suggest that you check out Don Coleman's operation, Pacific Adventure.

Then I checked out the Sound Dive Center link provided by PacNWdiver, and found that they have arranged a charter with Don on November 19th, so you're in luck.

I've been out with them three times, and did my AOW with them as well. They're terrific people, and the Hood Canal visibility can be outstanding in November.

I've got a drysuit now, but all of my dives with pacadventure were in my 7ml, between November and April. You'll be fine... they keep a big pot of hot soup going all the time, and the cabin is nice and toasty during surface intervals.

Check 'em out: http://www.pacadventure.com/

Steve
thanks both you steave and pacnwdiver, i have checked them out and it looks promising

Steve Egner:
II've been out with them three times, and did my AOW with them as well. They're terrific people, and the Hood Canal visibility can be outstanding in November.
I like 'em 'cause they don't babysit or tour-guide you. You get a good briefing, then you dive your own dive. Don scoots around checking on people to see if they need anything, or to point out the occasional critter. They always dive a live boat, and when you surface - anywhere - they're waiting for you.

Rick Inman:
I like 'em 'cause they don't babysit or tour-guide you.
I like them for that reason too, as well as their hot shower, their heated cabin, and friendly personalities.

Rick Inman:
I You get a good briefing, then you dive your own dive. Don scoots around checking on people to see if they need anything, or to point out the occasional critter. They always dive a live boat, and when you surface - anywhere - they're waiting for you.
But if you want a dive buddy and don't have one, Don will be happy to buddy up with you for the dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom