Diving in the Dominican Republic [Photos]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very disappointed but I didnt get to because the first dive shop that had confirmed with me that they would be able to take me out, bailed the morning of.

So not to keep resurrecting this thread but.....

Dive 2 of this day way my 100th dive! w00t! Anyway thats totally cool that not only was it my 100th dive but my first dive getting to see a wreck and second warm water dive!

(Yes I know im behind on log consolidation, had to clear out all my DM Float setting and retrieving logs.)

I just got back from diving with Caribbean divers. I was very happy with Markus who was the owner of the shop and Raphael, the instructor who was with us on every dive. I did five dives with them over 3 days. Of course, I was staying right next door at Isla Bonita. They did a great job of taking care of my gear, including a problem with my 1st stage on the last dive and cleaning and drying all of my great afterwards.

If you can handle the small boat and getting in and out without a ladder, their close proximity to the reef makes diving with them easy.

Apparently the "instructors" are friends of Markus' on holiday from Germany... usually. For my dives he did not want to dive, so the person with me was a Rescue diver.

Raphael is a certified PADI instructor from Cuba. I have his id in my log book and in the paperwork for the wreck specialty I took with him last week.

Cool, glad you had that opportunity! There was no one named Raphael there when I was there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom