Diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bennero

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Another thread about June Diving in Thailand.
My wife and two young boys want to take me Thailand in June for fathers day.
1. So I can do a little diving
2. We can sight see and relax.
3. My wife can shop.

My wife has researched Phuket and found a deal at the Sheraton and now I am researching the diving portion. After reading on this site I am gathering that June in Phuket is not so good. In saying that, I am open to suggestions on where to dive in June in Thailand and a NICE hotel in area that has enough to keep the family busy while I dive.

Any suggestions.

Although the diving is better on the west coast, in June the best weather is prob on the east coast and for a family holiday check out Samui. There's still chances of grey reefs at Chumphon Pinnacle and Whale sharks at Chumphon or Sail Rock.

I would agree with Bubble Junky. The weather can be very unstable in Phuket at that time of the year. You can be lucky and get mostly sunny days, but most likely you would get more rain the sun.

Samui is a good choice. My brother was down here in june last year with his family. I flew over from Phuket and we had a great time diving and doing lot of other activities.

The best diving is on the Andaman side of Thailand. Even during the low season, the diving there is much better than it will be in the Gulf of Thailand.
The weather: hit and miss, most likely you will get some rain, but normally these are isolated showers, so easy to deal with, and no rain all day long.

In between rain showers on Phuket - hot sunny days in June. Even then if it rains - get wet properly. Go diving! We prefer the daytrip diving now as we tend to see more marine life than during the high season months due to the less amount of divers and boat surface traffic as during the high season months.

The Sheraton is located about 45 minutes drive from Chalong Pier where all the daytrip boats depart. Another option for the family could be Club Med in Kata as it is located closer to Chalong. This establishment also offers nice facilities for the children and some good shopping within walking distance for your wife.

Have a happy Father's day!

Chantal

Back
Top Bottom