Diving in St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viperdoug

New
Reaction score
I am going on vacation in St. Thomas in March and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation on a diving operation there to use. I have only dove once before and it was in Grand Cayman. I was not and am still not certified, but I was extremely comfortable. I did a resort course (the lady gave me a 15 minute verbal course on the way out) and had a blast. I would liek to do the same thing again in St. Thomas. I do not want to sit in a pool for a half a day. I do not take diving as a joke so please don't assume that. I am very comfortable diving and would like ot go again. Thanks in advance!

As an operator, I can tell you that to do Discover Scuba Diving (resort course) you will have to do some sort of academics and skill review before you go diving.

Since you're not coming until March, you have plenty of time to get certified between now and your trip and you'd be able to just go diving as your schedule permits on this and future vacations. Just something to think about!

Rachel

i worked in st thomas for two years. i can put you in touch with an instructor there who will give you a better price, and will do your resort dive right off of coki beach, instead of putting you in a swimming pool all morning. she works with the cruise ships, and is use to doing dsd's right off of the beach.
the water at coki beach is very clear, and there are thousands of fish around you less than ten feet from the beach. she shop is called scuba U. let me know if you would like me to put you in touch.

porsc

I agree with Wreckchick. You have plenty of time to get certified before you go down. Take the plunge and get certified, or if you are down there long enough do it there. The class for the Resort course or DSD can count towards your certification. If you are interested also you can do Elearning with PADI before you head down. Check out the PADI website. Regardless of which path you choose, have a great time and check out St. Thomas Diving Club.

Thanks for all fo the responses! I have found a place local to me to get certified before I go down. I will do all of the classroom and pool time here, then do the required two dives in St. Thomas.

PORSC, Can you please pm me the contact info for that person. I am very interested.
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom