Grand cayman, st croix, st Thomas. Least coral devestation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
My dive club is looking to book a trip in march. Of the three destination st croix, st Thomas, grand cayman, which currently has the least amount of coral bleaching?

I can’t speak specifically to the islands you’re asking about but I was told that Bonaire was recovering when I was there 2 weeks ago. The second post in Coral Bleaching is about the USVI, and sounds like things are getting better there as well.
You may have already done this, but you might duplicate this thread in the Caribbean forum.

Erik

I don't know about the bleaching (and assume it's getting better everywhere as winter water temps go down), but all three of those islands are seriously impacted by SCTLD. Flights to GCM are horribly expensive, and I've found the reefs a bit tired even before SCTLD. I don't know about St. Thomas, but the Christiansted Pier in St. Croix provides outstanding critter diving, and there are walls, plus good topside things (a rain forest, biolumenescent kayaking, things like that).

My dive club is looking to book a trip in march. Of the three destination st croix, st Thomas, grand cayman, which currently has the least amount of coral bleaching?
It looks like ours are recovering pretty quickly, I have been out to to see the staghorn coral lately, as the winds have been out of the North-ish, which makes shore dive in St Croix a little more challenging. The diving has been phenomenal lately. If you want to see critter pics, my IG or FB are pretty much only night dives at the pier(TimeToDive.US). If you decide to come our way let me know and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom