Diving in South Leyte, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diving is beautiful there. Very scenic with pristine corals that go on as far as the eye can see. Night dives are very good for critters. I went during peak season but did not see any whalesharks.

There are two dive centers as far as I know there, Peters Dive Center (http://www.whaleofadive.com/) and Leyte Divers (http://www.leyte-divers.com/). I stayed at Peters'.

Best dive site is definitely the Napantaw Fish Sanctuary - the most beautiful wall I have had the privilege of diving.

Pretty well agree with 'Seamonster', I stayed at Peter's as well and really enjoyed Napantaw! I was there is February, some windier days when we couldn't get across the bay, but I thought the shore dives where quite interesting, as where the night dives! Apparently the winds are lighter as you get towards April and around Easter they could get busy, so i would reserve a room as soon as possible!

Hi the best diveshop in southern leyte is discovery 5 they know all the best sites and when they say you will see a whaleshark you will in fact the owner gary would not come home until we saw 6 and the accomodation is by far the best with hot water etc a credit to them.there website is www.philippinescubadiving.com not the best website but i think they concentrate more on satisfying the customer than earning money.

hi there are four dive operators in southern leyte discovry 5 ,peters,sogodbay and gunters thay all good but if you want a more personal service or want to do a little out of the ordinary yhen discovery is the one for example during surface interval they will takr you ashore and have dinner with the locals because the owner knows everyone on all the islands plus the instructors are also commercial divers so what ever depth you want you can feel safe.Discovery is base in the centre of padre burgos so even though they have a divers bar you a literally 2 mins walking from the other bars and shops where you can buy goods at none resort places.they have a website at philippine scubadiving, Philippine Scuba diving, Scubadiving in the philippines,Scubadivng southern leyte, whaleshark, padre burgos, scuba diving in the philippines. but best call 00639186794039

Back
Top Bottom