Diving in Phoenix???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

apeks

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all - just a newbie, cert dive in San Carlos in a couple of weeks - then to Puerto Penasco - (Is there diving there?) - This is very exciting and I look forward to interacting with everyone here - I know not everyone is interested in newly certified divers as buddies - but if you are out my way - email me. Thanks for letting me participate here!
:D :D :D

Glad to have you here!

Enthusiasm is a wonderful thing.

Good luck with your cert dives and ENJOY!

By the way, some of the most fun dives are with new divers who can really rekindle the excitement of diving.

Kinda like playing with a puppy! :)

Dave C

Welcome to Scubaboard!!

Once you get past everyone greeting you and providing no info for what you want...

There is an Arizona section to this board, just renamed to something like southwest sand something. Just search for "lake pleasant conditions" and it will lead you straight to the formor easy to find Arizona section.

hi and welcome to SB!!

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Welcome to the Board, apeks! There are plenty of divers in Arizona, and lots of us head out to Lake Pleasant on a regular basis. Check out the Southwest Sand Sharks forum. This is where we post our trips and dive reports on a regular basis. We also have other types of discussions there on occasion. :D Come up to the lake sometime and dive with us. We always welcome new divers. You can usually jump in with us on one of our training dives. Or if we're maxed out with our students, we'll find someone to buddy you up with.

As for Puerto Penasco/Rocky Point, the diving there isn't all that great. Conditions are often too rough for decent shore entry and shore entry sites are very limited. Visibility isn't that great. And boats don't go out that often. You're better off driving a couple more hours to San Carlos if you want to dive salt water.

Hope to see you out at the lake!

Welcome to the board. Go gators!

smilies-41093.png

It does help with discussions if you complete your Profile. And it's even more fun when you load an Avatar (personal pic for each post) and a Profile pic. See UserCP above to access these if you'd like to...? :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Back
Top Bottom