Diving in Pensacola,FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maramara10

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone dive in Pensacola area? I live in New Orleans, LA. I can drive down there to dive. I want to dive so much but have not been able to because nobody dives around me.

Hi! I have recently relocated to Orleans area to. Looking for dive buddies and locations. Most people are going over to destin fl at vortex, ginnie ect. Do you like walk-ins or boat dives?

They are on Morrison Rd in NO East. They know some guys who do rig dives out of Venice, LA for about $150 for a 2 tank boat dive plus some snapper fishing during your surface interval. Other than that your best bet is Pensacola or Destin.

Thanks Tigerdiver. Is it true they also dive in Lake Ponchatrain? I live out on the Northshore so generally I deal with sealsports in Manddville, pretty friendly but they don't run any boat dives. They do their open water work for classes the first weekend of the month at Vortex. So looks like the long drive is in my near furture.

You guys/gls from LA, let's get wet.

I have started a thread for a dive club.

If I get the boat working today, I will be taking it to Marrianna to dive the springs in the morning. If not, The jetties.

I live 7 miles from vortex www.vortexspring.com and 20 from Morrison.

Drop me a line if you want to get wet. Gennie is to far for too little and costs too much.

tanks

Would love to go, but unfortunatley tied up this weekend with work (darn, darn,darn). Got any plans for next weekend? Haven't actually spoken with maramara10, maybe she will see this and contact me so we can trek that way.

they dive Ponchartrain. The vis is always pretty crappy and I don't know what you would see even if you did. Max depth is 15-18 ft. out there.

I know Garrett as he and I went to LSU together. Nice guy.

That's it I'm moving. All this water and no place to dive here.

I got in contact with a lady in pensacol who has been living there for a long time and working as an instructor. I am planning on going to Pensacola next Saturday. I have not received any details yet. I am thinking of driving down there early in the morning and dive there during the day and come back at night. I don't know if anybody dives in the Lake Ponchatrain. I actually live right in front of the lake. It looks so pretty but I don't know about under the water. I heard that there are many fish though. I have all equipment including BC, regulator, computer and tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom