Diving in North Carolina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CTurtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any places in the western part of North Carolina for diving? Would like to make a weekend of it, & going to the coast would be about a 12 hour drive (Yuck)!!

Cindy
:turtle:

Hi Cindy,

There only place I have heard about is Lake James. I hear it's cold and not much to see, all rumor mind you as I have never dove there. You may want to look into Lake Rawlings. It's in southern VA, just off of I-85 about 35 miles north of the NC/VA border. It usually has 40 ft vis and has some uw "attractions". You can get air and rental equipment there, also camping if you want. I can dig up a web address if you want.

I'll check em out...quarry looks like it could be fun!

Cindy
:D

Blue Stone is a really nice quarry, but If you are going to drive all the way there, you might as well drive an extra 3 hours to wilmington or morehead. The diving is so much better.

Sounds like I should just make it a long weekend!! Is there a dive shop you can recommend in Wilmington or Moorehead to dive with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom