Diving in Manta Bowl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcd1

Contributor
Reaction score
The Wild Reefs of the Philippines (See the Shedd A
Folks,

Will be doing a road trip frorm Cebu to Manila and will pass by Sorsogon, any tips on diving in Ticao for the Manta Bowl?

I've been doing some research but any tips on dive operators would be great.

Thanks!

I dived Ticao/Manta bowl in March last year.

Bring a book...

If you stay on Ticao Island, you don't have a choice, you dive with the op that you stay with. they were quite good when I dived with them, and did their best to make sure you saw something. I did not see any Mantas on my 5 dives on Manta bowl, did see a whaleshark though, so it was worth it.

The dive itself is really all or nothing, you jump in, descend as fast as possible, then hook yourself in and wait. Every 5 or so minutes you move along a little, if there are mantas or whalesharks, you will love it, if not, you will hate it, there is NOTHING else there.

After the Manta bowl dives, check out San Mig island - it was very rich with life, and a great dive!

z...

Current is pretty strong, at the surface it will hold you horizontal and make your arm ache if you have to hold on any mor ethan a minute, and swimming against it is not an option. very similar to the Canyons, maybe a little more at times.

Z...

Back
Top Bottom