Diving in Malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hapadiver:
Am also looking into going diving in Malta ... What are the costs like? I can only go in August, which I know is the high season. But vacation is vacation, and you have to go when you can.

Curious about everything from accommodation to dives to dives with mixed gas ...

-Hapadiver

I suggest that you research the dive shops your self and book direct. Why let a middle man make it more expensive. Just look at the reviews and people tell you what to avoid or their experiences. I personally would use Strand diving of St Paul’s for trimix, Aqua bubbles if I happen to be in the South part of Malta, and who ever can fill nitrox if I'm in Gozo. As far as the dive sites, you are free to jump in without a guide. You can ask the store for their input. My 2C worth - why pay for a guide if you can get the info from the store, a website or a map? Use a buddy if you usually do and off you go as you please.

I've been to Malta several times and that's what I do when ever I go.

Take care

Lawrence D

Back
Top Bottom