Diving in Kauai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rremski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Gang,

I'm coming to Kauia in 2-weeks and I'm thinking about going on some guided dives with a local dive shop or two. Since I don't know anything about any of them, are there ones I should stay away from or gravitate towards?

Also, I'd like to see some of the non-frequented dive sites, so if any of you are willing to be a guide, please PM me.

Thanks!!

Bob

Sea sport good, Fathom five very bad... Kind of a crapy time of year for Kauai but the south shore should still be OK.

I dove with Fathom Five in September. They were friendly, knowledgeable, professional and safety conscious. I would dive with them again and highly recommend them to anyone else.

The DM’s do not plan your dives for you so you must be responsible for your own depth and bottom time. If you are looking for a babysitter do not dive with Fathom Five. If you are looking for someone to take you to good sights, give a thorough briefing, and help you find the interesting things in the water these guys will do you right. They will not tell you when to ascend or what kind of stops to make. Bottom line, they treat you like a certified diver.

I'll put in a plug for Bubbles Below. I had two days of great diving with them. ...But they are a bit of a drive from town.

Thanks everyone for your input. I appreciate the honesty. I got a recommendation for Fathom Five from my LDS here in Oregon and put in for a reservation a few weeks ago (haven't called to confirm yet).

As far as timing, didn't really have a choice. Got "roped" into going. My wife's aunt has a 2br timeshare that she's using and my in-laws backed out of going. Her kids didn't want to go, either, so she offered us to go along. Not that I mind, though, because wifey doesn't dive....this way, they can drop me off at a dive shop on multiple days & I don't have to feel guilty about leaving my wife alone....

Maybe there is something good about in-laws....... ;-)

I'll look into it more....Thanks again everyone!

If you already made reservations, why did you ask? Enjoy your vacation.

Welcome! Just returned and SeaSport divers did a very nice job. Bubbles Below was in complete disarray. Sheraton caverns is not to be missed.

Dave

Teamcasa:
Welcome! Just returned and SeaSport divers did a very nice job. Bubbles Below was in complete disarray. Sheraton caverns is not to be missed.

Dave

Must agree, Sheraton caverns would be my favorite dive - so far!

Elaborate on Bubbles Below? I went with them and it was great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom