Diving in East Asia in July, advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bali is your best bet. Whether you stay 1 week, 2 or 3 , the entire group will have something to do. The island offers everything from great diving and day dive excursions to the outer islands to wonderful cultural sights, waterfalls, beaches, snorkeling, water sports, world class restaurants or inexpensive local menus, massages, shopping and you can get any type of accommodation (from 2-5* Balinese build to 2-5* contemporary build) that fits every budget.

The weather at that time of year is great.

Sounds like a no-brainer, come to the Island of the Gods, you'll be happy you did!:eyebrow::crafty::happywave:

I agree whole heartedly about Bali! I got my OW in November. The sprinkling/raining was sporadic but the water was crazy warm! Most (if not all) of the island is surrounded by a reef, so there's lots to see just about everywhere, including snorkeling other water sports. On far as land activities, there's a lot to keep someone busy. The island is only about 75 miles square so you're not driving for 3 days to get somewhere.

Thank you all kind people. We will start our journey on Bali and I am sure it will be a great experience. Once again thank you all for your advices and recommendations.

Once you experience diving in Bali, you may want to come back for more. There are other cool diving places in Indonesia like Komodo & Raja Ampat.

If you like to see pelagic & schooling fish, they tend to pass through the ocean current like the Lombok Strait (Bali), Makassar strait (Nabucco) & Banda.

IMG_5083.PNG

Here is a video of schooling barracuda in Makassar strait:

Here is a video of schooling hammerheads in Banda:

I've been in Makassar Strait. My next trip is to Banda in November.

Enjoy Bali & I hope you see the Oceanic Mola Mola like I saw in Nusa Penida (Lombok Strait). These fish are huge, just look at the fish size relative to the Emperor angelfish (which is about a size of dinner plate) which were busy cleaning the Mola Mola at the time I took the picture.

IMG_5084.JPG

Last edited:
We run dive safaris from October to May between Moalboal (Cebu) and Sipalay (Negros), along the way you'll visit Liloan, Apo Island, Dumaguete, Dauin, Siquijor and Bohol. Trips are suitable for divers and snorkelers and start from 42,800 PHP, accommodation and meals included. Have a look here

Back
Top Bottom