Diving in Destin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The "O" is not a tech dive , but it is an advanced dive. Many of the charter boats have at least a DM on board that dives with the everyone regardless. If you want them to show you around make sure you at least hook them up on the tip and the end of the trip, some actually charge for the service. Just check beforehand. Since you are diving alone I wouldn't recommend the jetties. Try one of the dive ops and enjoy the diving. P'cola is a short drive from Destin and there a ton of good dive sites to chose from as well.

On your other question I like scuba tech, they have always been so nice to me. Emerald coast scuba for some reason the two times I went there I was totally blown off by the staff and when I asked them a question it was like I was bothering them or something. I know I will never go back.

We used ScubaTech and they were great. We did 2 dives with them on wrecks. Poor vis, current, killer thermocline, and a bull shark and barracudas that wouldn't leave us alone. Great dive!!

The Mighty O is a must do dive for any experienced diver.

I dove the mighty O a few times and it is considered AOW dive. I used nitrox and went down to the flight deck at 138ft. I say don't waste your time going that deep nothing much to see and you cut your BT. I play with boys and they just had to do it one time lol. It is a great dive and it was a easy dive for me. Just pay attention to your equipment and stay close to your buddy. We did have one lady that panicked at 70ft but the dive cons were all over it they grabbed her and brought her up safely.

138ft on Nitrox :shakehead:. I'd say your playing with the wrong kind of boys.

OK, well the date draws near. I will be in Destin from 6/28 through 7/4. If anyone is interested in diving let me know.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom