Diving in Destin FL - May 5th, 6th & 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Have fun guys, I really wish I could make this one!
We'll miss you but it won't be long before the bronco of doom will be in action again :D.
I just got a call from mike_s and he thinks the water is too cold for a boat dive tomorrow. I'll probably do a solo at the jetties if the rain stays away. Still looks good for Saturday in any case. I'll post a report if I get to go tomorrow.

SeaYoda:
We'll miss you but it won't be long before the bronco of doom will be in action again :D.
I just got a call from mike_s and he thinks the water is too cold for a boat dive tomorrow. I'll probably do a solo at the jetties if the rain stays away. Still looks good for Saturday in any case. I'll post a report if I get to go tomorrow.

Hmmm. I booked a boat dive with Scubatech for Sunday AM.

I'll be at the shop around 8am Saturday to pick up tanks for the jetty dive.

paulwall:
Hmmm. I booked a boat dive with Scubatech for Sunday AM.

I'll be at the shop around 8am Saturday to pick up tanks for the jetty dive.
I'm still gonna be there Saturday - I think Mike will be too. He said he's going to check out a new regulator and wants to do it on a beach dive. I'll look for you near the entrance.

*BuG thinks back to diving the Jetties this past Feb with SY*

Too cold? Here? Now? :D

SeaYoda:
I'm still gonna be there Saturday - I think Mike will be too. He said he's going to check out a new regulator and wants to do it on a beach dive. I'll look for you near the entrance.

Ok, I'll meet you in the parking area, or near the shower. I have a (Brand-spanking new) Triple-L Gemini BC (dual inflators, weight integrated) and a 5-mil Henderson full wetsuit.

SuPrBuGmAn:
*BuG thinks back to diving the Jetties this past Feb with SY*

Too cold? Here? Now? :D
I thought about our 57 degree trip when he said cold - I'm not even wearing the beanie now :laughing:.

I do have to admit to being spoiled though - I went to the jetties today and decided not to dive for several wimpy reasons. The sky was clouded over as I got there. I looked at the water and it was a light shade of green so I walked all the way to the finger jetty to see if I could encourage myself to face the probable 10' viz. No luck, as I got closer I saw a guy fishing three rods right where I would be diving and the wind was pushing small waves from the North / Northwest right into the jetty. The viz from shore was worse the closer I got to the jetty. I stood there a while trying to fight the urge to go back home, but I lost - I'm so ashamed :blush:.

LOL, Booooo!

I'd be happy to dive the swampland known as Morrison in its current condition at this point!

The last time I was wet, which was with paulwall at the jetties, I didn't bother with gloves or hood. The current wasn't bad, but I wish I had brought my gloves anyway incase it picked up - thank God it never really got strong. I like my fingers intact, they are just now getting back to normal after the razorblade incident... ugh.

Check out this link:

Destin Jetty Tide Level Chart

I've been looking at it for about a week and even though it does not have a prediction feature, it's neat to see how the levels match up with tide predictions. We are GMT minus five (the times at the bottom are GMT).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom