Diving in Destin FL - May 5th, 6th & 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad news: I don't have any extra tanks for you guys to use.

Good news (at least for me): It looks like I can get a dive in with you on Saturday morning.

I don't know if you were talking about parking at the Jetty East condo, but I think they frown on that unless you are a customer. I usually park across from the public access and along the Marina on the North side of the road. It's a longer walk to the water but a shorter walk home since they don't tow my car :D. Let me know how plans are progressing.

SeaYoda:
Bad news: I don't have any extra tanks for you guys to use.

Good news (at least for me): It looks like I can get a dive in with you on Saturday morning.

I don't know if you were talking about parking at the Jetty East condo, but I think they frown on that unless you are a customer. I usually park across from the public access and along the Marina on the North side of the road. It's a longer walk to the water but a shorter walk home since they don't tow my car :D. Let me know how plans are progressing.

That's the parking area that Matt showed me (across from the shower, beach access, near the marina).

It will be nice to meet you and pick up some camera tips.

Paul

Yeah. I agree with Paul. Hopefully I can pick up some camera tips also. Good to see that you can come!.

For the "parking solution" of three cars in a space that has limited parking, since we'll all have to get tanks, we could meet at ScubaTech (or another dive shop) and pick up tanks and leave two cars there and "carpool" to the Jetties, thus requiring only 1 parking space there. Does this seem like a good idea or do you think we'll have plenty of parking? As long as we let the dive shop know I don't think they'd have a problem using their parking lot...., especially since we are spending money while in there.

BTW SeaYoda, I'll most likely do a boat dive thurs or fri if you are interested.

-Mike

mike_s:
...For the "parking solution" ... Does this seem like a good idea or do you think we'll have plenty of parking? ...
Since spring breaks are over and summer break has not started yet, there should be enough parking. We will probably have close enough parking to put gear on at the car and walk like usual. If we have to park down the road a little, we can drop our gear off at the entry and have one of us guard it.

Photo tips are free - I guarantee you get your money's worth :D.

GED? Naw :) Some of my buddies are graduating from UofA. One of these days I'll get back to AU to finish up my edjumacation.

I really wish I could make it next weekend, forgot about this whole graduation deal, its gonna be like another month before I have time to go out probably :(

Gonna miss you, man. The jetties won't be the same without you.

Oh, and we'll miss the tanks, too! :eyebrow:

Maybe I'll hit up Gary for an Sunday AM dive on the way back home :11:

If you're not coming because of the way I behaved last time, :crafty: I guarantee that I am 100% comfortable with my new Triple-L Gemini. I even got my 5mil back from Henderson, so I am all set up with my own gear.

I had alotta fun last time, was looking forward to this weekend too. I just forgot about this whole graduation thing... Dude's gonna be a cop eventually, so it may work out in my favor one day by showing up to his college graduation - God knows I need more police friends :D

See you guys there Saturday Morning!!!!

Sea Yoda, I'll give you a call after I check weather/conditions/etc for a trip with ScubaTech on Thursday. I'll have my cell phone if you need to reach me.

-Mike

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom