Diving in Destin FL - May 5th, 6th & 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Was thinking about bringing the 3mm full and/or the 5mm farmer john top. (I rarely dive with the 'bottom' on unless it's really cold, and if' it's that cold I try to stay out of the water!).

Thanks!

I'd go with the full suit for sting/abrasion protection. But that's just me.

Do you have any boat trips scheduled? I'll hop on if so.

Paul

paulwall:
I'd go with the full suit for sting/abrasion protection. But that's just me.

Do you have any boat trips scheduled? I'll hop on if so.

Paul

I typically wear a skin under the 5mm top. For sting, etc and also
it keeps water from coming in around the legs, which is cold
in the quarry.

I haven't scheduled a boat trip yet, but was thinking about doing
a boat on thursday and/or friday as it was more un-likely to find anyone
diving the jetties on a 'work day'. (we'll be leaving and heading home
on sunday).

-mike

Sent you a PM.

I'll pick up mat and head that way on Saturday morning. If Matt loans me his tanks again, I won't have to stop a ScubaTech at all. Meet at the East Jetty parking area around 8-8:30? Hit the water by 9am?

LOL

I told Mike I could probably bring some tanks for him too, think the Lincoln will hold (6) 80s? I've got em, if you can carry em! :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
LOL

I told Mike I could probably bring some tanks for him too, think the Lincoln will hold (6) 80s? I've got em, if you can carry em! :D

Not a problem. I'll leave the big bag at home and travel light (BC, reg, 5mil, fins, weights, mask, camera, and light).

Maybe I'll order those steel 120's from Underwater works! Yeah, that's the ticket!

SuPrBuGmAn:
LOL

Hope no one rear-ends you!

Otherwise I'll look like 'WhalerKyle' shot up a 6-pack of tanks with a machine gun!

mike_s:
Hope no one rear-ends you!

Otherwise I'll look like 'WhalerKyle' shot up a 6-pack of tanks with a machine gun!

I wonder if it'd tumble the entire car like the steel tanks, when it blew, or if the tanks would just rocket out in various directions taking the top of the Lincoln with it? :D

LOL

Post vids!

SuPrBuGmAn:
I wonder if it'd tumble the entire car like the steel tanks, when it blew, or if the tanks would just rocket out in various directions taking the top of the Lincoln with it? :D

LOL

Post vids!

There was a post on here of a tank that apparantly "ruptured" while in a car. It actually did a lot of damage to the car.

I imagine in the case of your question, that it would be like throwing bottle rockets on a fire. They'd go everywhere! (including blowing the trunk off, through the back seat, etc.) What would be bad was if one ruptured the gas tank which might leak on a hot muffler system.

Regardless, there'd be two "wet brown spots" in the front seats....

Gonna have to bail out of this trip, I gotta head away from water, to Tuscaloosa for a graduation thing...

Sorry :( Feels like forever since I've been wet.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Gonna have to bail out of this trip, I gotta head away from water, to Tuscaloosa for a graduation thing...

Sorry :( Feels like forever since I've been wet.

Finally going to get your GED?

Doh! Now I have to Rent Tanks!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom