Diving in Destin FL - May 5th, 6th & 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be down in Destin part of next week..... (Yeah! Vacation!)

Most likely will do a couple boat dives during the week but I'm up for the Jetties anytime. Looks like high tide is 9:43am on Saturday (May 7th).

Tide charts below for East Pass.

If anyone is interested, please post or let me know via PM before Monday - May 2nd and we can exchange contact info. (won't be checking email or Scubaboard after that until the next week due to trip).

Should be fun! -Mike

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
. /Low Time Feet Sunset Visible
------------------------------------------------------------------
Th 5 Low 4:21 AM 0.3 5:59 AM Rise 4:20 AM 13
Th 5 High 9:45 AM 0.5 7:27 PM Set 5:01 PM
Th 5 Low 8:10 PM 0.1

Fr 6 High 9:32 AM 0.6 5:58 AM Rise 4:50 AM 6
F r 6 Low 9:03 PM -0.0 7:27 PM Set 6:03 PM

Sa 7 High 9:43 AM 0.7 5:57 AM Rise 5:22 AM 2
Sa 7 Low 9:50 PM -0.1 7:28 PM Set 7:05 PM

mike_s:
I'll be down in Destin part of next week..... (Yeah! Vacation!)

Most likely will do a couple boat dives during the week but I'm up for the Jetties anytime. Looks like high tide is 9:43am on Saturday (May 7th).

Tide charts below for East Pass.

If anyone is interested, please post or let me know via PM before Monday - May 2nd and we can exchange contact info. (won't be checking email or Scubaboard after that until the next week due to trip).

Should be fun! -Mike

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
. /Low Time Feet Sunset Visible
------------------------------------------------------------------
Th 5 Low 4:21 AM 0.3 5:59 AM Rise 4:20 AM 13
Th 5 High 9:45 AM 0.5 7:27 PM Set 5:01 PM
Th 5 Low 8:10 PM 0.1

Fr 6 High 9:32 AM 0.6 5:58 AM Rise 4:50 AM 6
F r 6 Low 9:03 PM -0.0 7:27 PM Set 6:03 PM

Sa 7 High 9:43 AM 0.7 5:57 AM Rise 5:22 AM 2
Sa 7 Low 9:50 PM -0.1 7:28 PM Set 7:05 PM

I'm coming that way that weekend. I will likely dive Destin. I'll overnight in Mobile, and head over that way early in the am on Saturday. So, an AM or PM dive on Saturday will work for me.

paulwall:
I'm coming that way that weekend. I will likely dive Destin. I'll overnight in Mobile, and head over that way early in the am on Saturday. So, an AM or PM dive on Saturday will work for me.

Great!

I think that Matt (Suprbugman) will be in Destin that weekend also.

Saturday is the 7th, I may be able to pull that off. Gonna have to talk to the 'rents and negotiate a ride or plead with paulwall to come pick me up at the Loxley Exit again :D

SuPrBuGmAn:
Saturday is the 7th, I may be able to pull that off. Gonna have to talk to the 'rents and negotiate a ride or plead with paulwall to come pick me up at the Loxley Exit again :D

I'll pick you up. I might overnight in Destin area Saturday for a Sunday AM dive, too.

Maybe the 'rents can haul you back if you want to stay later.

mike_s:
What kind of wetsuit will we need down there right now?

I hear temps in the mid-70's. I'm wearing a 5mil, because it's easier to weight consistently (probably a litttle too thick for these temps, though). No hood or core warmer. When I dove the jetties last, I only wore a 6.5mil Farmer John bottom (don't ask) and was ok, but it was little chilly.

When it warms up too much for the 5mil, i'll be going in a T-shirt.

Matt dives 3mil year around.

Was thinking about bringing the 3mm full and/or the 5mm farmer john top. (I rarely dive with the 'bottom' on unless it's really cold, and if' it's that cold I try to stay out of the water!).

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom