diving in denver????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint:
Ahhh, come on down here to New Mexico and dive the Blue Hole! We do! We used to live in Colorado Springs and either came down to Blue Hole 3-4 times a year to dive or got on a plane to Cozumel. Now that we live in Albuquerque, we dive at Blue Hole 5-6 times a year and ..... well, get on a plane to go diving somewhere else. At least we have Blue Hole!!

hey, burbunny..... you don't need a drysuit to dive Blue Hole, we do it year round in a 7mm suit. Come on down and help me play with the video rig!

robint

Robin, as much as I'd love to come help you play with your video rig (and try not to get tempted with it myself), in my mind, 7mm is just as bad as a dry suit. I don't even like 3mm suits! Finally breaking down and purchasing one for Lembeh this spring (since I won't be moving around a whole lot), but 7mm? shudder!

RonFrank:
It's not cold in a Drysuit!! :D I'd dive in 30F water weekly IF there was stuff to see, and good vis.. unfortunately.. well..:06:

So are most Denver Divers Warm Water Wooooseys? Me thinks it maybe so, and I can not really blame them :D At least the sking Kicks Serious Tail :wink:

I have to agree with Ron on this one. I'm never cold in my dry suit. If you dive locally in Denver you truly love diving and want to train. Personally, I got over the visibility thing. Go slow look around and there is plenty to see.
As far as buying a dry suit to dive the PNW. Well if you don't train with that dry suit locally you will regret it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom