Diving In Connecticut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
I am Currently attending college in Connecticut and am itching to go diving. I was wondering if anybody knew of any dive spots, both salt and fresh water. I have seen the list on the DEEP site DEEP: Scuba Diving . does anybody know of other locations or of how good these locations are.

I'll be blunt, with MA and RI so close, I've never looked at CT as a viable diving destination...

I did dive Bigelow Hollow once. Nothing to write home about, but good to check new gear and practice skills.

I dive a lake here but the vis this summer has been unusually bad which may be due to all the rain. Orbit Marine was a good suggestion. I used to dive the sound many moons ago and back then Orbit ran a boat a weekly boat dive to area wrecks. New England Dive in Wallingford is the LDS that I use. Good folks who run trips as well. RI would be my suggestion as someone else mentioned. Lake George in NY would be another.
The diving season here is coming to an end, at least for me. I am heading to Ft Wetherill in RI next weekend which may be the last time I get out here this year.

. . . Frank at Halfmoon Charters ran a dive boat on Lake G. Giant Stride Dive in RI runs boat trips.

Good Luck.

Thank you all for these suggestions i will do some research and hopefully get dive or 2 in before the cold hits

where in CT are you going to school?

if near new haven SCSU offers A course in diving (NAUI) and the instructor who works in the Exercise Science department should be able to give you some ideas where to dive.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom