Diving In Connecticut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best dive spot in CT? Rhode Island....

It depends where you are in CT. Squantz Pond/Candlewood Lake used to be divable, but I have heard they are pretty low visibility these days. Stonington Point is fairly popular. I dove with Orbit a long time ago, Noel is a great guy, so that may be a good option. NE Dive Shop is planning West Hill Pond at the end of September.

there used to be diving at lake minnewaska outside new paltz new york.

I have been out of the US for more than 8 years and it had been awhile since we were on the east coast so I dont know if minnewaska is still available to dive but it is a beautiful place to visit.

-Z

+1 on SECONN. Check them out.

Rhode Island . . . Heading there this weekend for some end of my NE season diving. Weather, wind direction, tide look favorable.

I go to School at the University of New Haven, i don't need a course in diving, just looking for some place to go diving. I may try to contact the professor for locations

I go to School at the University of New Haven, i don't need a course in diving, just looking for some place to go diving. I may try to contact the professor for locations

uh...that was the suggestion.

Anyway, the instructor at the time I was there was Dr. David Martens. He was a kinesiologist in the Exercise Science - Human Performance program there. I did a quick search for him in the SCSU campus directory and did not see him listed so he may have retired or otherwise moved on. I believe they still offer the course so the current instructor may/should have some ideas.

-Z

It depends where you are in CT. Squantz Pond/Candlewood Lake used to be divable, but I have heard they are pretty low visibility these days.

So just a quick update - I dove Candlewood Lake today by Birch Point. We ran into the foundations that made the town of Jerusalem before it was flooded. But I literally mean ran into foundations - the viz was so bad we would find walls, foundations and stumps by braille. It was no fun - below 20 feet may as well have been complete black out - and yes it was daytime... I won't be back - it was a one and done for me as far as scuba diving - but I can say I was there and found part of the town.

The lake itself looked pretty for boating or something other than scuba...

All the rain this year has killed lake vis in CT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom