Diving in Benbrook Lake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not dived the DFW area lakes....as far as I know, nobody does.

I've looked at the swimming areas a few times and the vis has been really bad.
If you are going to dive the area please wear gloves for the glass and cans in the water. Also a 3ft dive line might be usful.
Also please clean your ears immediatley once you get out.
Would not suggest it; but thats up to you.

I always check this web site-
Fishing Benbrook Lake
If there is a listing of contaminates, or bad fishing then I stay out.

Might want to consider Glen Rose and some of the shallow rivers.
They have been interesting, depending in water flow, nothing substantial.

Anyone with any information on springs, clear sections of rivers and waterfalls; I am always interested.

Andrew

Hey Ynkledodl come to Lake Murray this weekend... There will bunch of folks and it is closer and at least offers some hope of being diveable...

Wouldnt that be just Dandy... Sorry couldnt resist

Ynkedodl ??? Dandy ???

Sigh. . . . . . . what can I say?

Well thanks for the info. It's too bad the lake is so murky! I would love to go diving this weekend but pvillestang and I are getting married next friday and there's a bunch of little things left to do. Rain check?

As to the ynkedodl... I was born in NY and lived there for a while. Yankee doodle was the first song I remember learning at school up there. Since I live in Texas now, I thought it'd be a good way to remember my roots.

Congratulations and all the best next Friday! :)

Thanks! I can't wait for it all to get here, and to be able to take that sigh of relief when it's all over.

Back
Top Bottom