Diving Grammar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How did all these "furriners" end up in the Texas Swamp? The proper past tense works like this: "yesterday me and the missus, Cousin Myrtle, done went divin' an' then we went home and ate dove fur dinner."

So proper Texas English(?) would be "done went divin' " and would be said through the nose as much as through the mouth. If you've ever listened to Festus from Gunsmoke, you would have a good idea of what it should sound like. Simple. Of course this would be much too formal if you were to use it in a place like Oklahoma or Arkansas. Them folks'd think "you'd be a puttin' on airs".

na-ah

"been done gone divin' fo' yers naw"

"them there's them contraptions Uncle Bob done been divin' wit' 'til he done gone drown hisself"

scubatexastony:
I officially proclaim (being a native Texan and all) henceforth we (Texans) shall use:

dive
dived
dove

I dive in Texas.
I dived with my Texas buddies last week.
I have dove to the bottom of most Texas lakes.

T. (as in Texas) :D

And you call yourself a native Texan...:frown3:

When your with the boys at the local pub it's "Dove." When with your aunt the school Teacher it's "Dived."

mase:
When your with the boys at the local pub it's "Dove." When with your aunt the school Teacher it's "Dived."

.....but only if you're the type who uses "your" when you mean "you're."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom