Diving georgia ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCDdiver:
Yes, they’re always looking for new dive volunteers. However, it will cost you around $400 to volunteer.
$400... that's a bit much

Hi Guys,

I am in Tucker. I mostly travel to dive, but am most interested in dive sites closer to home.

About Divehaven......what is the average vis and water temperature up there? I looked at their website and it looks interesting, but I didn't see any info on average vis or temp.

thomjinx:
About Divehaven......what is the average vis and water temperature up there? I looked at their website and it looks interesting, but I didn't see any info on average vis or temp.

The suface temp. yesterday was 75-78 and the vis was 15-20 in the afternoon, they had been moving the platforms around and mucked it up a bit.

19DELTA:
i have a frogman in my back yard ? out standing!!!!! i knew i came to the right place !!! were have you guys been diving lately ?

Welcome to the board Delta! I'm in Carroll county. I try to dive two or three times a month. Any where I can Lake Lanier, Dive Haven, Loc Minn, Panama City the Florida Springs, have truck will travel to dive.
Are you going to Vortex next weekend? Should be a bunch of Scubaboarder's there.
If you can't make it. Maybe we can hook up in acouple of weekends at Dive Haven. We are close enough to car pool and save some gas on the trip in. Its about a hour and a half drive.

thanks frogman....i was wanting to go to dive haven on the 8th if you are interested.

JCDdiver:
Yes, [the Georgia Aquarium is] always looking for new dive volunteers. However, it will cost you around $400 to volunteer.
A couple of our DIR-Atlanta members are volunteer divers for the Georgia Aquarium. The $400 covers the cost of the diving physical that you must have to qualify for the program. If you stay with the program long enough (one year, I think), then the $400 is refunded to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom