Diving from Grand Lido Braco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Booked for a week at Grand Lido Braco. which includes two dives daily. Has anyone been to this resort and dived recently. If so, please tell me the secrets to having a good time....under water....

and yes I know about the poverty, drugs, hookers and crime....

Thanks in advance: :rolleyes:

We won a free trip there a few years back. The place is very nice. Bring your own big cups from home. That way you don't have to keep running back to the bar to fill up the tiny ones they always use at all-inclusives. Don't expect a lot of music native to the Jamaican culture. I listen to more reggae every day that they play in an entire week at that place. It primarily top 40 which I despise. Go to the sushi restaurant if they still have it and you like sushi. It's very good. The jerk shack is also good. Oh yeah... the diving.

We went there just after visiting Little Cayman, so we were a bit spoiled. However, we were pleasently surprised by the diving on the North Shore of Jamaica. We used our own equipment, so I can't vouch for theirs. The boats were modest, but did the job. We had one bad dive, where they missed the reef. We ended up exploring a 10' x 10' reef for about 10 minutes and then surfaced. There is a great wall dive that they can take you to. The wall is incredible. Lots of cool formations. It reminded us of Little Cayman except there was nowhere near the same marine life and the coral had some algae problems.

At one time, I'm sure Jamaica had some great diving. Unfortunately, it's been overfished and unprotected for too long. We even saw some fish traps underwater. Horrible! Don't let the down sides discourage you. We still saw some great stuff. You just have to look harder to see it. Visibility was great.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom