Diving FL with kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also would suggest Middle Keys. I have dove with Dive Duck Key, Key Dives, and Halls. All had beautiful shallow spots. I love that kind of diving... and lobsters when in season!

Another vote for Key Largo and Rainbow Reef. Great people. Marriott Courtyard and Holiday Inn both close by as well.

Twisted Turtle on Vimeo

see "Twisted Turtle" video link above re: diving off of Key Largo. It has a lot to offer: shallow reefs like Molasses, wrecks, and John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. The kids love it! Enjoy.

I've dove at many of the places people mentioned myself.

Epcot at Disney was a blast. It's not cheap though. If you dive there, buy the video. It's excellent and the kids will treasure that. They can show their friends with pride, of what they can do at Disney. Other non-diving family members can watch in delight from outside the aquarium.

The Crystal River, King's Bay cave, was ok. Dove both during day and night. The nearby Rainbow River is a very nice shallow drift dive. Excellent Viz. It's easy and excellent for beginners (and experienced). Others can snorkel or just stay on the pontoon boat with nice topside scenery.

Key Largo also has many excellent reef locations. Also several dive op right by the hotels there. We've stayed at the Marriott (even when it was Ramada), right by Rainbow Reef dive shop. Rainbow provides a free dive guide if you ask for one, and give multi-dive discounts. Capt. Slates has the Creature Dive, where you can see huge Goliath Groupers, and eels.

All will give your kids great in water experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom