Diving EPCOT Living Seas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove in the Epcot Aquarium last summer. It was pretty neat. You don't need any of your gear but it's not very cheap. First off, don't expect to actually see a lot. I mean there's fish, sharks, sea turtles (but they stay away from the divers) but it's still an aquarium you know. You are limited on what to see, and you may even get bored! You also get to take pictures with your family at the glass. I was told I almost landed on a shark that was coming up right underneath me. The shark looked scary, like something out of the movie "shark tale" But I bought a video of the dive and I will have that forever. Diving in the ocean is definitely much better than an aquarium though. But if you're in Orlando FL, that's pretty much the only way to dive.

justagirl992:
I dove in the Epcot Aquarium last summer. It was pretty neat. You don't need any of your gear but it's not very cheap. First off, don't expect to actually see a lot. I mean there's fish, sharks, sea turtles (but they stay away from the divers) but it's still an aquarium you know. You are limited on what to see, and you may even get bored! You also get to take pictures with your family at the glass. I was told I almost landed on a shark that was coming up right underneath me. The shark looked scary, like something out of the movie "shark tale" But I bought a video of the dive and I will have that forever. Diving in the ocean is definitely much better than an aquarium though. But if you're in Orlando FL, that's pretty much the only way to dive.

Hey justagirl,

You could share the video with us on that scubavidz.com site so we could see how much you enjoyed the dive. I've never seen someone sit on a shark before!
:D

- S

I like it primarily because I will most likely never have many, if any at all, opportunities to dive a tropical reef. I was able to see lots of fish that I may never get to see again. I wish they would allow you to bring a camera, or at least loan you a simple camera with a strobe so you could take home more specific memories of the fish. I dont think they got the goliath groupers on our video and they were just mamoth. I was in Orlando alone, so I had no family or friends to pose with at the windows. :( Next time you can bet I will!!

The thing my kids liked most about the dive was being the center of attention for all the tourists.

I did it for the third time this month and almost ran into a ten foot shark twice...also, the sergeant majors kept biting me:shakehead , but I loved it. The coral is fake...concrete and steel, since there is no sunlight or nutrient base to keep live coral and the constant exposure to amateur divers would have wrecked live coral long ago. The fish still lay eggs in it, that's why they bite if you get too close to an egg site...

Yea, the $ is steep but definately worth it. I did it a few years ago and loved every minute of it. It was fun playing with the diners in the restaurant and being the center of attention for the tourists watching and taking pictures. It is one of those experiences that stays with you forever and is worth every penny.

It is an awesome dive to do....a must aleast once IMO!

i might have to make a trip there next mont. Si there a website to check it out?

Ash

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom