Diving during the rainy season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any comments on Aquaventure vs. Dive & Trek in terms of diveability during bad weather?

TIA

What I find relatively convenient for diving in aqua is that because it is pretty much sheltered during the rainy season, it would be easy to get into the boat. You may have to swim for it a bit if the waves get a little rough but at least the area is pretty clear of huge rocks sticking out of the water that you might hit.

there are sites nearby that are 5 to 10 minutes away boat and so if the weather turns pretty bad, you can immediately head back to the safety of the resort.

I haven't tried dive and trek so I can't say much on that.

In any case, we also ask the opinions of the boatmen if they think the waters are manageable, since they live around the area and know the nuances of the sea.

Hope you enjoy your dives here!
:D

hi h2odragon, your short write up is most realistic and practical that the Philippines can be dive the WHOLE YEAR. and raining season is the best time to take a dive profesonal course, how about give me a dive philippines promote (speeches) draft, may need one as reference, if I go CDEX Shanghai this Sept. (dbhoph@gmail.com)

I was there last August, had some back luck with typhoons and diving intentions: I spent a few days in Subic rinsing the hotels collection of DVD's whilst waiting for gale force winds to subside (eventually gave up), then tried to get to PG from Manila but wrong signal number for another few days, however managed to do some diving by flying to Boracay at the last moment for my last weekend.

The typhoons last a few days, generally come in from the east and sweep up north east / north west, they make travelling difficult. Its not just the rain but wind and swells. The answer is to improvise and head to a part of the country that has good weather, flights are plentiful and cheap that time of the year and can be booked on-line and over the phone with ease.

My picks for the southwest monsoon season are: Puerto galera, camiguin, dumaguete....
or El galleon, LLBC Marco Vincent in Puerto galera, Mantangale Alibuag in Misamis Oriental --jump off for camiguin and bahura resort and spa and antulang in the Dumaguete Dauin Area.

Anilao. Last Saturday. Rainy weekend.....not!

0507Sunset.jpg

jag, i'll send you the rates. they don't have overnight yet, but we may go for day trips already.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom