Diving during the rainy season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving in anilao at least one weekend a month for about 5 years now and have gone out diving even during the rainy season. The resort I stay in, Aquaventure, is located in a sheltered cove that still allows you to go out and dive within the area. There was one time that the area was directly in the path of a typhoon and the diving had to be canceled.

I suppose the only difficulty during heavy rains with some strong winds is getting on the boat and going across choppy waters. Other than that some of my best dives were during the rainy season. :D

Wherever you end up diving or travelling to during those 3 months I do hope you guys have a great time! :D

Hey thanks for the info everybody! I will be hitting Moalboal in the rainy season and look forward to spending most of my time underwater :)

I've been diving in anilao at least one weekend a month for about 5 years now and have gone out diving even during the rainy season. The resort I stay in, Aquaventure, is located in a sheltered cove that still allows you to go out and dive within the area. There was one time that the area was directly in the path of a typhoon and the diving had to be canceled.
Any comments on Aquaventure vs. Dive & Trek in terms of diveability during bad weather?

TIA

Any comments on Aquaventure vs. Dive & Trek in terms of diveability during bad weather?

TIA
both places you'll have to take a bangka out to the dive sites, dive n trek being further from the Anilao sites. So regardless of the resort, you'll still have to endure the weather to get to the dive sites.

But Dive n Trek has a nice house reef wall, while aquaventure has a tire/helicopter house reef.

Hope that helps.

What the heck is a helicopter reef? A chopper wreck?

Is Aquav's house reef more sheltered during rainy season than Dive n Trek's?

Which Anilao resort is closest to the primo dive sites?
Which Anilao resort is closest to the ones you can do during bad weather?

TIA!

What the heck is a helicopter reef? A chopper wreck?
yep what Jigo said. and a bunch of tires.

Is Aquav's house reef more sheltered during rainy season than Dive n Trek's?
Nope. It can get pretty rough in both places if there's a typhoon. A little rain is no problem.

Which Anilao resort is closest to the primo dive sites?
Aquaventure

Which Anilao resort is closest to the ones you can do during bad weather?
I'm not sure I get the question. Which resort is closer to the dive sites you can do during bad weather? Both resorts share the same anilao dive sites, but with dive n trek you can do dive sites in Bauan and I'm not sure about that area. I much more enjoy the diving in front of DnT than AquaV but would still choose AquaV if you want to dive Anilao.

Here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/1364438-post20.html
It's a map of the area with the dive sites. AquaV is labelled and where the diver is sitting is around the area of Dive n Trek.

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom