Diving during latent TB treatment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be service connected if he converted to positive at any time during Active Duty. He was tested pre and post deployment. The military hasn't used BCG vaccine for a long time. I'm a retired Army Corpps surgeon.

The smallpox and the BCG are related because they don't immunize you because they aren't smallpox or TB. It is just something close. Recently they stopped handing out PPDs. They give them to recruits or people with high risk but they got rid of annual testing. It is to save money. I didn't know that any OIF/OEF vets get 5 years of medical. I'm trying to fight the VA for disability and educational benefits. I think I'm spending more time on hold with them than I did in the Navy. I'm also sorry to hear about your brothers. We lost one guy to suicide. I'd say that is about as real as it gets.

The smallpox and the BCG are related because they don't immunize you because they aren't smallpox or TB. It is just something close. Recently they stopped handing out PPDs. They give them to recruits or people with high risk but they got rid of annual testing. It is to save money. I didn't know that any OIF/OEF vets get 5 years of medical. I'm trying to fight the VA for disability and educational benefits. I think I'm spending more time on hold with them than I did in the Navy. I'm also sorry to hear about your brothers. We lost one guy to suicide. I'd say that is about as real as it gets.

Sorry to hear about that, one of ours was a suicide too.

For the disability, if you're still living near a military base there are veterans organizations that will do all the work for you to get your disability, for free. Texas Vets is an example of one such organization.

I just went to look at the VA site to find a link for you in reference to the 5 years of medical care. They've changed the wording since I separated back in February. It used to say 5 years of no-cost medical coverage, now it says 5 years of no-cost medical coverage for conditions related to service in OIF/OEF, which seems redundant since service-related conditions are covered anyway... :idk:

Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF) Home

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom