Diving DIR as PADI Instructor, ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also reccomend that you teach in what your students are wearing. If they are wearing a DIR compliant system, then you should be. If they are using a traditional setup, then you should be too!

As an independent instructor I teach in what ever I like. DIR / HOG whichever.
If i work for a shop i am forced to wear what the dive shop sells.

-gm

Snowbear:
As for putting the snorkel on the mask - it [is] a problem when deploying the long hose. I think if you check your PADI rules, you'll find that the snorkel needs to be "available for use" which can be tucked somewhere other than your mask :D
PADI standards state you must have one. They dont say you have to wear it. A few people seem to be getting these roll up snorkels. I am on the hunt for one but cant seem to find one...

ok thanx, I have applied for the Instructor to Instructor forum, just waiting for an answer. I will check out that thread, later.

Youri

jagfish:
Weightbelt and equiment removal I find to be challenging.

I've heard of guys talking about EQ removal and replacment in the water column, I'd like to see that...any videos out there?

I don't have a video but the next time your in Okinawa I'll be more than happy to demo for you, I'll even throw in a free dive off our new 55ft dive boat.

Axua:
there is another skill that will be a problem with a hog set-up, the regulator recovery. :)
I find it really easy since I do not have to reach behind me. The hose is across my chest and I just follow it until I get to the second stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom