Diving Concepts Pinnacle suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with them? I did a search and didn't find anything.

I am particularly interested in mobility, which seems as though it ought to be pretty good with the telescoping torso, and in whether a custom suit fit properly on delivery.

I've tried one years ago, the model didn't have the telescoping aspect. But the "insta-dry" ideas been around a long time. It was a completely adequate suit, no frills, sturdy, and inexpensive.

edit: oh one more thing ... I dove an off the shelf, off-the-shelf have always fit me fine, I'm blessed that way.

As far as I can tell, being a woman in scuba makes it likely that nothing is going to fit right off, and being a small woman makes it worse :) I'll be in the custom cut department for sure, no matter what brand of dry suit I end up buying.

Do they still make the Pinnacle? I'm not familiar with that one, but I dive with a DC Ultraflex pro, and a lot of divers around here have the DC Z-tech. Love my suit, fits well with great mobility. For me, the issue isn't so much torso flexibility, but moreso flexibility in my upper body. Arm movement and in the shoulders. But my suit was a custom job, which unless you happen to be a stock size, is a huge benefit.

TSandM:
Anybody have any experience with them? I did a search and didn't find anything.

I am particularly interested in mobility, which seems as though it ought to be pretty good with the telescoping torso, and in whether a custom suit fit properly on delivery.
I JUST GOT MY NEW SUIT AND DOVE IN IT LAST WEEKEND. I THINK THEY ARE A WELL MADE SUIT. I HAD GOTTEN THE LEGS AND ARMS SHORTENED. THE LEGS WERE PERFECT, COULDN'T TELL THAT IT WAS SHORTENED. THE ARMS HOWEVER I WAS A BIT DISSIPOINTED. MAYE IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO DO THE ALTERATION. THE CUFF WAS CUT ABOUT 3" FROM THE END AND WAS SHORTENED. OK! FINE BUT... A 3/4" BLACK MATERIAL WAS PUT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SUIT. SORTA AN EYESORE. I.M.A. OVERALL I LIKE THE FIT OF THE SUIT AND ENTRY SEEMS EASYER THAN MY OLD SUIT. PINICAL IS HEADQUARTERED IN LIVERMORE, CA. THEY WERE ABLE TO MEASURE ME , MAKE THE ALTERATIONS AND HAVE THE SUIT BACK IN A WEEK. I WOULD RECOMEND THEIR SUITS THEY SEEM TO BE CONSTRUCTED WELL.

how much do they run? I can find prices on their site.

Prices I was quoted run about the same as a DUI CF-200 -- in the 2300 range for custom.

BTW, this is not a "Pinnacle" suit -- it's a Diving Concepts suit called their Pinnacle.

I have a DC Pinnacle 2mm custom w/dry gloves. It does not have a telescoping torso. Fit is very good(it should be, they take enough measurements) and I have very good range of motion in it. I have 100-150 dives on it and it still looks new, no seam or seal issues. Cost was around $2200 which included the dry gloves, thigh pocket, knee and butt pads.

Jet

FYI. I just checked the DC web site. None of the models they make appear to have a telescoping torso feature.

Jetwrench:
I have a DC Pinnacle 2mm custom w/dry gloves. It does not have a telescoping torso. Fit is very good(it should be, they take enough measurements) and I have very good range of motion in it. I have 100-150 dives on it and it still looks new, no seam or seal issues. Cost was around $2200 which included the dry gloves, thigh pocket, knee and butt pads.

Jet

FYI. I just checked the DC web site. None of the models they make appear to have a telescoping torso feature.

I don't know about the Pinnacle, but my Z-Flex has a telescoping torso. It also has built in suspenders, an inlet valve(APEX) that rotates to accomodate different hose config's and a variable exhaust(APEX). I can get by with an off the rack size and picked up my suit last November at an LDS for $995.00.

Jim

Yes, the Z-Flex is considerably less expensive, but is only available in men's stock sizes, none of which comes anywhere near fitting me -- grrrr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom