Diving Concepts Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am seriously hating my Diving Concepts neoprene dry gloves. I have inadvertently popped that stupid outer rubber o-ring off of the plastic glove ring three times now when trying to remove the gloves from the suit after dives. It is near impossible to get the rubber ring back on by yourself and absolutely mangles your fingers trying to get it back on. Are the blue gloves any better or do they have that stupid rubber ring as well? :upset:

GP once bubbled...
I am seriously hating my Diving Concepts neoprene dry gloves. I have inadvertently popped that stupid outer rubber o-ring off of the plastic glove ring three times now when trying to remove the gloves from the suit after dives. It is near impossible to get the rubber ring back on by yourself and absolutely mangles your fingers trying to get it back on. Are the blue gloves any better or do they have that stupid rubber ring as well? :upset:

They have the same rubber ring. I have popped that ring off once and yes it was a pain to get back on. However, it is not that hard to get the gloves off without pulling the rubber ring off, it takes some practice though. Just make sure you pull at an angle on the plastic ring and not the rubber ring :)

Hmm...I'm going to have to see if I can find someone to help me get that ring back on. I'm giving them another try but if it keeps happening I'm ditching them and getting something else. It just shouldn't be that easy to pop that ring off. The ring just doesn't grip good in that groove anymore. I'm wondering if wear and tear made the neoprene and the ring too slippery to even hold effectively anymore. :confused:

How are you trying to remove them? If you are grabbing the glove and pulling, that's the wrong way to do it. Hold the glove close to your body and get your fingertips around the edge of the ring and pull at an angle. I believe the divingconcepts website actually has a picture of someone doing something similar. I love my gloves!

Soggy once bubbled...
How are you trying to remove them? If you are grabbing the glove and pulling, that's the wrong way to do it. Hold the glove close to your body and get your fingertips around the edge of the ring and pull at an angle. I believe the divingconcepts website actually has a picture of someone doing something similar. I love my gloves!
That's what I've tried to do but those neoprene gloves just slide off the plastic ring lip and catch the rubber ring and pull it right off. :(

GP once bubbled...

That's what I've tried to do but those neoprene gloves just slide off the plastic ring lip and catch the rubber ring and pull it right off. :(

It sounds like your gloves are put on the rings incorrectly. If you are pulling the way I describe, you will never make contact with the neoprene glove itself, just the plastic ring.

I don't have the neoprene gloves, but the blue rubber ones, so YMMV...

With the blue rubber ones, I can apply pressure against the glove ring itself, not slip in any way and never contact the material of the glove being taken off. I hold the ring against my chest and lever it off the far side, I don't try to pull straight away from the arm.

Do you have your rings mounted with the inner seal method? When I tried putting mine on that way, I had similar problems with the o-ring popping off the suit side. Chris (C_C) at COVCI said replacement o-ring sets are available if you need new o-rings - I thought perhaps it was because I had mounted the ring with the no seal method first, and then the inner seal, so the o-ring may have been a little stretched.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Do you have your rings mounted with the inner seal method?
Yeah, that's how I have mine mounted. I've only used the gloves on about 5 dives so far and they've worked great except for that o-ring popping off. I managed to get the o-ring back on with the help of a friend today. Much easier with two people. I'm going to be REALLY careful taking the gloves off from now on and hope that the ring doesn't pop off again. I'll take everyone's advice on trying to pull it off at an angle. I have found though that glove I've been having problems with is harder to get off than the other one. This is probably why I have had the problem with that glove.

Question:

Is the oring coming off of the connection between the latex wrist seal and the plastic ring or is the glove itself coming off of the plastic?

What do you end up with, a drysuit with just a latex seal and no cuff rings (and consequently the glove has both cuff rings attached) or a glove with no cuff rings attached and a drysuit with both of the cuff rings?

Back
Top Bottom