Diving Concepts Customer service?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eric1200

New
Reaction score
I have a Neo-Z with 50 dives on it and I am having some issues not only with the suit but with the company. I will refrain from any inflamatory comments at this time as we are in continued discussion ( 12 phone calls later ). I am however curious to see if anyone has had any difficulties with this company or their suits. Thanks in advance Eric

Hi Eric,
I'm sending my Neo Z down to the factory for a zipper replacement tomorrow.
I've been happy with the suit for 100+ dives though and I think the zipper issue was
caused by myself.

I did email them yesterday and haven't received a reply yet, but it has been only one day...

I'd be very interested to hear what's going on with you/your suit via a PM though, if you
wouldn't mind. Hey, misery loves company.

Jim
PS (I know someone who had some serious custom suit issues that weren't resolved to her satisfaction.) I'd discuss this in a PM only though. I feel it's up to her to post about that if she so desires.

I was not very happy with their response over a very problematic custom suit. They didn't do nothing, exactly, but they did very little, and I have reason to believe it was only because my LDS, though whom I ordered the suit, was my strong advocate.

Talked with the owner and the rep numerous times(12 calls and 2 shipments). Like I said I will try and give them every chance to make it right before I post my full story. I have returned a total of 4 products in my life. So I am not looking for a free ride or any special treatment but whats right is right at the end of the day. I have a real issue with the quality control on my suit and it's durability. Everytime I talk with these people they try and make me feel like if there is a problem it has to be with me and could never be with their superior product. I appreciate everyones input and encourage more. I will post my full findings after we get to a final conclusion. Thanks Eric

Good luck, I hope you the best because I have very little faith in most manufactures. Except DUI, so far they had been excellent. This is one of the company’s; I looked at before going with DUI. On a friends recommendation he stated this way his dealing with
Diving concepts customer service was somewhat slow.
My dealing with whites through them right off the market read this thread somewhat long.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/exposure-suits/216499-poor-drysuit-service-lds.html

On dive rite said excellent customer service but felt there suits are getting cheaper over the years
Therefore, with that I chose DUI, do not get me wrong they are at a premium price but love my suit and they have been excellent.
The other suit I looked at was:

USIA :: Seriously Dry
However they did not have a dealer close to me at all, yes they have the military contract for now but several others used to have the contract do not make them any better in my eyes.

I just sent my new DC suit back for a warranty seal replacement. I asked and my LDS got them to agree to expedite it for free. So far I've been very happy, though I haven't yet dealt with DC directly. I have a feeling my LDS is on pretty good terms with them though.

Well we finally reached an agreement on the suit. After all the debate back and forth they are going to fix it. Repairs include replacement of the R arm panel and wrist seal, New neck seal, reattatch the zipper protector and fix misc leaks. Total is 275.00 + shipping. This is 100.00 less than the initial quote. I am glad to have all this behind me and the suit ready for the upcoming season. At the end of the day they did stand behind the suit and made things right. Thanks for everyones input and ideas. Eric

I am a new Drysuit diver with only 6 dives on my DC neo-z.
My LDS split the neck seal on it during trimming before I even got to use it. They sent it back to DC on an expedite basis and had it back in seven days. Evedently the LDS felt the seal was faulty to begin with and they have a prety good relationship with DC, I dunno. I will be curious to see how this suit holds up and if they make the repairs to your satifaction on your suit.
Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom