Diving Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brollins

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just returned from a great dive trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I did a fair amount of research on scubaboard while looking for a Padi Dive Center. The purpose of the trip was to finish a referral for my wife, my 11 year old son, and 14 year old family friend. I chose Underwater Diversion del Cabo as the dive center. They had mixed reviews here on scubaboard and I was a little apprehensive. As it turns out, I should not have been. The dive center has a US phone number and I was able to speak with Marisela (co-owner) to make the reservations. I ended up modifying the reservations multiple times because another family friend was supposed to dive and then ended up cancelling. Marisela was very friendly and flexible throughout the multiple changes in our reservations. We chose to use VRBO.com to locate a condiminum in proximity to the dive shop. We found a great two bedroom two bath condo at Plaza Nautica which is next door to the dive shop. We were a two minute walk from the dive shop. I was concerned about having to carry gear for 5 divers back and forth every day. This also proved to be an unnecessary concern because the dive shop rinsed and stored out gear for us. On the first day of diving, I met with Dustin (co-owner) and was promptly introduced to the instructor (Ramon) that would be working with the three referals that I brought. I am currently a DM candidate and I was allowed to accompany the three students on the dives and work as the DM. I found Underwater Diversion to be on time every day and had no issues with what we pre-arranged and what we received. We had 3 days of diving booked with them. They have two boats and both are diver friendly. I believe that Marisela and Dustin work hard to make diving a good experience for their customers. Cabo is limited in dive sites but we knew that. For beginner divers it is a great place to dive. I would also recommend it for intermediate and advanced divers because there are areas adjacent to most of the dive sites that allow for deeper dives. The entire staff at Underwater Diversions was very friendly, spoke good english, and was very accomodating. We are already in the process of planning another trip back to Cabo for more diving.

Thanks for the info! We're looking at a trip in February and I'm curious about the diving in that location. I'm guessing vis in Feb is about like anywhere on that side of Mexico. Any dive recommendations? Thanks again for the report, I'll definately keep it in mind!

The dive sites in Cabo are limited. Neptunes finger and Lands end are great for the diversity of sea life. The sand falls are also worth seeing.

There is also a place I went to called Cabo Pulmo..It is about a 1 hour drive from dreams resort cabo..But well worth it..Full of sea life and the only living coral in baja..It is a national marine park..Pm me if you would like more info..

The local Dives Neptunes Finger, Peligan Rock,Lands End,No. Middle and So. Walls are your best that time of year. Cabo Pulmo will be blown out.Water will be about 70 vis between 40 and 60 feet. But lots to see bring your Camara lots of Mirco life.
I dove with Baja Dive nice Boat with PADI Instructors as Guides.
Jim really knows his Diving.and has lots of great storys.
Baja Dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom