diving cabo san lucas versus diving La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicolle,

We were there in mid-October 2006. I understand that fall and winter is the best time for whale sharks. I think you are going at a good time. The water was still warm enough when we were there to dive in 3mm full suits without getting cold and we were doing 4 dives a day from a LOB.

Hope you have a great trip and look forward to seeing a trip report on Scubaboard when you get back.

Dive safe,
Rickg

Nicolle,

Any chance that we will get to see a trip report or any pictures? Hope you had a great trip.

Dive safe,
Rickg

hi everyone,
i have to thank you all for your words of advice, in the end i dove both cabo and la paz and la paz was absouletly positively way better. it was awsome, i snorkeled with whale sharks dove with seals, did a wreck dive and saw plenty. cabo was good but no whale sharks. i done with club cantamar in la paz and have nothing but good things to say about them. very professional and gear was great. no complaints ohh maybe one the fact the restuarant only offers a buffet dinner we often went into town.
cabo i dove with blue adventures and jimmy and the team there were also fantastic. we dove cabo one day and then went to cabo pulmo the next which is definatley better than the diving around cabo marina, way to many snorkellers and traffic there. at pulmo there was no one and the fish life was huge.

so guys thats my wrap up, i highly recoment diving la paz i wil never forget it

cheer schlick

I dove in East Cape at Buena Vista Resort. Visat Sea sports is the dive operator.
This was a great place away from it all. One hr from Cabo and 2 hrs from La paz.
Was told by someone that left lapaz the water was much clearer there at Cabo Pulmo marine Park.
We had great diving!! Water is warmest thru November then it gets cold!!!!
I can send you my picture link if you email me direct at agent@affordabletrips.net

Great Nicole, nice to hear another good report. I was in LaPaz at Club Cantamar 10-27 through 11-3. Loved Chucho(pec alias sharkbait) and Marcos and Jorge they were great for the divemasters/captain. We got to spend most of the week with them. The dives were all wonderful except the hammerhead where I said the only thing I seen was my air going down...lol. Another day. Whalesharks were terrific and the sealions. Great nudibranchs, seahorse, and the puffers and eels were awesome and the wreck dives. A couple dives were like a menagerie so much to take in and not enough time. I am not an air sucker so the 50 minutes dives were frustrating when I could of been down a couple hours. Our group of five loved the whole week. As far as the motel it was very accomodating and convienent, I am not a food person so it was quite satisfactory to me, I'm not much to going to town but we did go in one night and it turned out well too. I have done Cabo and LaPaz a couple times and would go back to Club Cantamar anytime and dive with them. I heard some skeptical reports on the hotel and dive operation and I say those people were too critical or had some high expectations, I am a diver and they let us dive, 3 dives a day never missed a one and sometimes we got back late but we were there to dive and that was all good. Eat, drink, dive, sleep, next best thing to a liveaboard as you can come. Nothing is perfect and the good so outweighed anything negative I could say. I am glad you are able to agree and give a positive report cause I think they deserve a hats off down there. Thanks Nicole. Denise

Back
Top Bottom